The Student Room Group

How do I not make the same mistake again? (Slight rant)

Okay so basically I just stopped seeing a guy that I'd been with since the beginning of uni so I'm feeling pretty down but I've just been thinking about what happened so that I can make sure tht I don't feel like this again

I would say that I have had 2 relationships and both have started and ended in exactly the same way; the guy shows some interest in me, and tbh I'm not really that interested but I'm a sucker for attention and so I think oh why not? Then I always seem to end up being the one who is more emotionally attached, probably because I don't want them to think i'm not interested. So when things go wrong I always feel like i'm the one who's hurting more over somebody that i wasn't necessarily interested in that much before

i hope this doesn't sound shallow or anything, i'm just being honest

i know i should have a break from guys for a bit but if the same thing happens again what should i do? i'm willing to give people a chance if they show they're interested but should i play it cool? should i ignore someone if i dont think that i like them? should i give them a chance but take a step back to make sure i dont get too involved? i don't know what to do (sounds so lame :frown: lol)

also another question... i've broken off contact with this guy because he doesn't want to become more serious even though i do. what if he potentially realises what he is missing and decides that he wants to? should i say yes or is it likely that i'd get hurt again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending