The Student Room Group

Adjustment 2012 - Everything you need to know

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i'm new here... is there anyway to change the title of the thread D:?
Original post by Bowser
crap... yus that what i meant D: I've just been so focused on clearing i just cant get it out of my head D: yes that's what i mean adjustment D:

No, you have to both meet and exceed the conditions of your offer, and you didn't meet the conditions.
Original post by Bowser
i'm new here... is there anyway to change the title of the thread D:?

Yes, using the "Edit" button on the first post :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Yes, using the "Edit" button on the first post :smile:

Not anymore - it's been merged.:p:
Reply 84
Does anyone know if your original university that made you unconditional knows if you registered for adjustment, or if it would affect applying for accommodation at your original uni at all just in case you don't get a place?
Reply 85
Original post by Peregrine
Does anyone know if your original university that made you unconditional knows if you registered for adjustment, or if it would affect applying for accommodation at your original uni at all just in case you don't get a place?

They will be aware that you registered for adjustment, but they cant do anything about it. So no, i dont think it will affect your accommodation.
Reply 86
once you have a verbal offer, do you have to wait for the uni to put it on ucas to formally accept?
Original post by JackN93
once you have a verbal offer, do you have to wait for the uni to put it on ucas to formally accept?

They give you a code. You will have to wait for Track to open for Clearing at 5pm before you can do anything with it.
Reply 88
Has anyone tried Durham for Adjustment? Or tried to get on an English course via Adjustment? I tried UCL this morning, it was a resounding 'no'. Then I tried Durham and they said they weren't sure what vacancies they had, took my details, including my grades and my UCAS ID number, and said they'd get back to me within the next couple of days. I asked for either English or English and Philosophy. Am I in with a chance or are they just a bit unorganised?
Reply 89
Has anyone applied for FCH at Exeter via adjustment?
I had applied there earlier in the year with predicted grades AAAB, which I have now got; however my firm was AAB at Newcastle (which I am still very happy with!). But now I am eligible for adjustment, as I have exceeded my grades, so is there much point applying for adjustment at Exeter even though not much else has changed since my original application? Would really like to just to see, as I have nothing to loose, but I am wondering if it is a bit pointless...
Original post by studentccs
Has anyone applied for FCH at Exeter via adjustment?
I had applied there earlier in the year with predicted grades AAAB, which I have now got; however my firm was AAB at Newcastle (which I am still very happy with!). But now I am eligible for adjustment, as I have exceeded my grades, so is there much point applying for adjustment at Exeter even though not much else has changed since my original application? Would really like to just to see, as I have nothing to loose, but I am wondering if it is a bit pointless...

You've got nothing to lose by phoning them up and asking them. I assume you got AAA or higher in your results so are eligible for adjustment?
Reply 91
Original post by Ecosse_14
You've got nothing to lose by phoning them up and asking them. I assume you got AAA or higher in your results so are eligible for adjustment?

Yeah I got AAAB which is what I was predicted! Have phoned them up now; so shall wait and see...
Reply 92
How long does it take to get a reply using adjustment? Also do you need to register? If you don't receive an offer is your original one still standing?
Original post by studentccs
How long does it take to get a reply using adjustment? Also do you need to register? If you don't receive an offer is your original one still standing?

You need to register for adjustment, yes. Once you register, your unconditional at your firm university is held for you so if you don't receive an offer your original one is still standing. You have 5 days to secure a course. I assume it depends on the university how long it takes them to officially update Track with their offer.
Reply 94
Original post by lp94
Has anyone tried Durham for Adjustment? Or tried to get on an English course via Adjustment? I tried UCL this morning, it was a resounding 'no'. Then I tried Durham and they said they weren't sure what vacancies they had, took my details, including my grades and my UCAS ID number, and said they'd get back to me within the next couple of days. I asked for either English or English and Philosophy. Am I in with a chance or are they just a bit unorganised?

I've tried Durham too and they've told me the same thing and have taken my details. I applied for the Combined Honours in Arts course :smile: Hopefully they accept us :smile:
Reply 95
I registered for adjustment a while ago and nothing changed. I just rang UCAS again and asked why nothing has been changed, and they said adjustment updates at 5pm?

Is that correct? cause i thought clearing opens at 5pm and adjustment started this morning.
Original post by justn1c2
I registered for adjustment a while ago and nothing changed. I just rang UCAS again and asked why nothing has been changed, and they said adjustment updates at 5pm?

Is that correct? cause i thought clearing opens at 5pm and adjustment started this morning.

They probably meant that Track is frozen until clearing opens at 5pm. Adjustment isn't a formal procedure like clearing and you can (and should) be ringing round now, but the university which offers an adjustment place can't do anything until Track is unfrozen.
Reply 97
Original post by carnationlilyrose
They probably meant that Track is frozen until clearing opens at 5pm. Adjustment isn't a formal procedure like clearing and you can (and should) be ringing round now, but the university which offers an adjustment place can't do anything until Track is unfrozen.

I already rang a university this morning which is offering me a place so thats fine, but they said they cant do anything until i have registered for adjustment. But if track is frozen till 5 well, thats fine.

Thanks!
Reply 98
Original post by Sem193
I've tried Durham too and they've told me the same thing and have taken my details. I applied for the Combined Honours in Arts course :smile: Hopefully they accept us :smile:

Awesome! Do you think it's likely then? I'm not so sure, haha. Nowhere else I've tried has any vacancies for my course.
Original post by lp94

I suggest that you call again like a bit later because some people just talk...also...I think it's best to do so because you may get someone else who may be able to help you further

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending