The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16575433.stm

Cave injured. So we are stuck with Earls at 13 for the Six Nations :facepalm2:

Not a vintage year for Irish rugby, I suspect.
Reply 5001
Original post by Gob Bluth
Why is the BBC going on about Henson all the time? Past few weeks it's been saying hopes dashed, then back on track for 6N, then hopes dashed again. We don't need him anymore, and we have far better players than him, who are also younger.

Because he's famous. Playing rugby doesn't tend to make someone newsworthy, but being a reality TV star seems to. Nothing to do with his skills on the pitch, or there being better players.
Gavin Henson in the Wales squad :rofl:
Original post by pinkpenguin
Gavin Henson in the Wales squad :rofl:

What a waste of a place which could have gone to someone who deserved it.

I met George North over Christmas, he came to my house. Nice guy. To think he is my age and the size of him though is :giggle:
Observations from the weekend:

1) Fair play Edinburgh.

2) Munster hilarious to support as always.

3) This is the best and most open HCup in a long time.

4) I don't want us to play Ulster. Can someone else?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

That is all.
Sarries. :king1:
Original post by pinkpenguin
Observations from the weekend:

1) Fair play Edinburgh.

2) Munster hilarious to support as always.

3) This is the best and most open HCup in a long time.

4) I don't want us to play Ulster. Can someone else?

5) The Celtic League is strong at the moment without anyone realising...
awsome from edinburgh yesterday, laidlaw was outstanding at 10 and in the 1st half used visser whenever possible. Shame he cant play in the 6 nations otherwise the calcutta cup would be decided. Also who said it was close, edinburgh dominated most of the game and when the irish had the ball for 10 minutes on our try line they never looked like scoring.

This is my team for scotland v england

1 Jacobson
2 Ford
3 Cross (never rated Murray)
4 Gray
5 Kellock (captian)
6/7/8 undecided
9 blair
10 laidlaw
11 Jones
12 s lamond
13 De luca
14 Evans
15 Hogg
Original post by jhuntley93
awsome from edinburgh yesterday, laidlaw was outstanding at 10 and in the 1st half used visser whenever possible. Shame he cant play in the 6 nations otherwise the calcutta cup would be decided. Also who said it was close, edinburgh dominated most of the game and when the irish had the ball for 10 minutes on our try line they never looked like scoring.

This is my team for scotland v england

1 Jacobson
2 Ford
3 Cross (never rated Murray)
4 Gray
5 Kellock (captian)
6/7/8 undecided
9 blair
10 laidlaw
11 Jones
12 s lamond
13 De luca
14 Evans
15 Hogg

I'd opt for:

1. Jacobsen
2. Ford (c)
3. Cross/Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton/Kellock
6. Strokosch
7. Rennie
8. Denton

9. Blair
10. Laidlaw
11. Jones
12. S. Lamont
13. De Luca
14. M. Evans
15. R. Lamont

16. S. Lawson
17. Murray/Cross
18. Kellock/Hamilton
19. Barclay/Vernon
20. Cusiter
21. Weir
22. Hogg

Question marks over Ansbro; if I suspect he was fit, I'd put him at 13 and have De Luca at 12. If Scott was in the squad - I'd have him in at 12. Likewise, i think James King at Embra is a real find and would have had him in the squad. Mind you, John Houston had his first match in ages and look good at 12. Just a few injuries scuppering us. I see Kelly Brown will probably be out of the 6N with a broken leg bone - big loss but one was can replace.
Strokosch will surely start at 6.
Original post by marcusmerehay

Original post by marcusmerehay
Strokosch will surely start at 6.

He will, I'm sure of it. If Kelly hadn't broken hi leg, then he'd be on the bench. Denton can operate at 6 as well, but I think he'll be used at 8. If Stuart MacInally was in the squad, then i think we'd see him in with a shout too.
Original post by QwentyJ
I'd opt for:

1. Jacobsen
2. Ford (c)
3. Cross/Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton/Kellock
6. Strokosch
7. Rennie
8. Denton

9. Blair
10. Laidlaw
11. Jones
12. S. Lamont
13. De Luca
14. M. Evans
15. R. Lamont

16. S. Lawson
17. Murray/Cross
18. Kellock/Hamilton
19. Barclay/Vernon
20. Cusiter
21. Weir
22. Hogg

Question marks over Ansbro; if I suspect he was fit, I'd put him at 13 and have De Luca at 12. If Scott was in the squad - I'd have him in at 12. Likewise, i think James King at Embra is a real find and would have had him in the squad. Mind you, John Houston had his first match in ages and look good at 12. Just a few injuries scuppering us. I see Kelly Brown will probably be out of the 6N with a broken leg bone - big loss but one was can replace.

what happened to the form of the killer B's a couple of years ago? They were awsome for scotland and glasgow. Johnnie Beattie has even been playing club rugby for Ayr this year.

what happened to the form of the killer B's a couple of years ago? They were awsome for scotland and glasgow. Johnnie Beattie has even been playing club rugby for Ayr this year.

Gradually fractured since Brown left Glasgow for Saracens. Barclay hasn't been of his usual good form as of late and Beattie is in and out of the doctor's. That said, he is clawing some form back. He had a quite a serious injury, so it took a bit of time to get back to fitness. I've seen glimpses in the last 2 games he's played.
Reply 5014
6 Nations this weekend. :excited:
Oh Flower Of Scotland...

Love 6 Nations, Bring on the English. Toss up between Wales and France for me, depends who wins the game between the two of them.
Reply 5016
Original post by Alofleicester
Oh Flower Of Scotland...

Love 6 Nations, Bring on the English. Toss up between Wales and France for me, depends who wins the game between the two of them.

One of the most contradictory national songs in existance :p:
Original post by Ethereal
One of the most contradictory national songs in existance :p:

Que?

Ye can take your rose and put it were the sun don't shine (plenty of places in England that could be).

Also, I have a copy of Flower of Scotland in pirate metal style, automatically better than GSOQ.
Reply 5018
Original post by Alofleicester
Que?

the lyrics

O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,

That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

The Hills are bare now,
And Autumn leaves
lie thick and still,
O'er land that is lost now,
Which those so dearly held,
That stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

Those days are past now,
And in the past
they must remain,

But we can still rise now,
And be the nation again,
That stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

0 Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

Ye can take your rose and put it were the sun don't shine (plenty of places in England that could be).

Which rose?

Also, I have a copy of Flower of Scotland in pirate metal style, automatically better than GSOQ.

:awesome: and literally everything is better than GSTQ
Reply 5019
Heineken cup has set standards i cant see the 6N hitting.

The best bit about the 6N currently is the anthems, but still i cant help but get all giddy about the opening weekend, the competition simply cant be beat for passion and general excitement!

Ireland have by far and away the best or most on form players. Closely followed by France. As France are at home in the Ire Vs Fra game you'd have to say its Frances to lose.

Roll on Saturday! (Or rather Sunday, Eng Sco is Saturday, zzz)

Quick Reply

Latest