The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by MrAli786
Where did you get the cut offs from? what was 2012

I called the admissions office and was given the cutoff scores for previous years. But as they emphasised it is different in every admission cycle. For 2011 the cutoff was 2570 and for 2012 cutoff was 2640. But I am confused :frown: as i am on the border line with ukcat of 2590 damn you VR!!!! Any advice from people who applied last year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 381
Original post by nasir_12
I called the admissions office and was given the cutoff scores for previous years. But as they emphasised it is different in every admission cycle. For 2011 the cutoff was 2570 and for 2012 cutoff was 2640. But I am confused :frown: as i am on the border line with ukcat of 2590 damn you VR!!!! Any advice from people who applied last year?

These cut-offs only apply to Graduate Entry.
Original post by Theafricanlegend
140+140+120+60+60+10=530 is that enough?

Risky but I'd go for it, but that's me personally.
Original post by ViceVersa
Risky but I'd go for it, but that's me personally.

Risky ? That's worrying, why would you say that ?

EDIT: Obv, also on 530
Original post by Orinincandenza
Risky ? That's worrying, why would you say that ?

EDIT: Obv, also on 530

Because it's so close to 510...I'd be more comfortable with 540, but you never know the cut-off could go up it could go down so I'd want to be on the safe side. Again, this is my personal opinion and would be the decision I'd have made if I was an applicant this year.
Reply 385
140+140+120+60+60+10=530 is that enough?

I think you're safe. I think cut off will stay at around 500/510 this year

Original post by J1994D
I think you're safe. I think cut off will stay at around 500/510 this year

Is barts PBL? :s-smilie: Also why do you say that? i.e dissagree with VV ?
Is barts PBL? :s-smilie: Also why do you say that? i.e dissagree with VV ?

Yes, and they're both speculating, it's just if you want to take a risk or not
Yes, and they're both speculating, it's just if you want to take a risk or not

Might to do a whole alevel in arabic in that case :/
If i do 4 alevels it'll go up to 610 :redface: definitely doing that!
If i do 4 alevels it'll go up to 610 :redface: definitely doing that!

but if you aabb then...
but if you aabb then...

nah I won't get that, arabic is my first language.. and i have lots of ums to spare for chem and maths, and so will physics after retaking the first module. Also Arabic alevel is just 2 Units :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by Bord3r
These cut-offs only apply to Graduate Entry.

Dont know if you have seen my post on pervious page but if you did you would see thats exactly why i am asking the question!

(edited 11 years ago)
Im thinking of applying with achieved grades, i get 540 and Im a bit worried too :/ AAAAa = 540.
Reply 394
Is the UKCAT cut off higher if you're a graduate applicant for A100? I did really bad and scored a dismal 635 average but I meet all their other criteria
Reply 395
Original post by medictobe
Is the UKCAT cut off higher if you're a graduate applicant for A100? I did really bad and scored a dismal 635 average but I meet all their other criteria

To be honest it really depends on whats the overall score of all the graduate applicants to A100 is. In 2011 its 2570 which is 642.5 and in 2012 it went up so. Its a gamble to say the least.

Reply 396
The cut off and the number of places available for the main scheme will now be dependent on the new scheme. Hence the cut off (main scheme) is likely to go up and the number of places are likely to be reduced - so I think it would be risky to apply with 530 points.
Reply 397
Original post by kitkat1
The cut off and the number of places available for the main scheme will now be dependent on the new scheme. Hence the cut off (main scheme) is likely to go up and the number of places are likely to be reduced - so I think it would be risky to apply with 530 points.

new scheme? if you mean the thing about colleges can contact barts if they cant meet the ucas points. i doubt its many places reserved. also to go up 20 points is an entire grade! thats equivalent of increasing AAA to A*AA, that doesnt happen often, especially since As went down this year. it will most likely stay about the same! ucas points dont vary like ukcat does

Reply 398
Original post by kitkat1
Any student studying 3 A levels and 1 As level can apply providing they meet the entry requirements - this would cover applicants achieving 460 - 480 points and also some students that have achieved more than 480 points ( they may have additional music qualifications for example). The number of reserved places will depend on the number of applicants. A fair number of applicants must be eligible to apply to the new scheme so the cut off would be raised and number of places on the main scheme would be reduced.

but i doubt anyone would, and the info is fairly confusing as it states you must not be able to meet minimum of 460 not dependant on ability, but 3 A2 and AS could potentially meet 460 ucas points so its a bit strange. also as most people think barts needs 4A2s and the fact they chaned the policy so late, i dont think too many places will be given away to new scheme. also it seems ukcat is taken into consideration aswell as ucas this year for main scheme according to new info

Reply 399
I thought this meant for other academic things like gcses, I dunno haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending