The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
Reply 981
Original post by blackraven
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Ooh dark.

Spoiler

Reply 982
So...
The lack of posts makes me wonder if not many people are applying this year *lol I wish* :^_^:
How is everyone? Yayayayayayayay half term soon. (although my plan is lots of revision notes)

I really can't wait until Christmas. I just had this thought. I'm not usually the excited sort, but I really can't wait this year!! Maybe it's because my dad bought one of those scented candle air-freshener's and it smells like Christmas that I'm feeling seasonal.

Random post, but nobody had said anything for a while :biggrin:
Original post by Holz888
How is everyone? Yayayayayayayay half term soon. (although my plan is lots of revision notes)

I really can't wait until Christmas. I just had this thought. I'm not usually the excited sort, but I really can't wait this year!! Maybe it's because my dad bought one of those scented candle air-freshener's and it smells like Christmas that I'm feeling seasonal.

Random post, but nobody had said anything for a while :biggrin:

Must be nice to have a half-term.. so long ago I can't remember the feeling :moon:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Must be nice to have a half-term.. so long ago I can't remember the feeling :moon:

Ahh. Well, mine are limited! I'd say something like 'at least you're a medical student' but I'm sure that you're not seeing that as any consolation :biggrin:

You don't have half terms at uni, do you? :teehee:
Reply 987
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard

Some do, my friend gets half terms at bath. Depends where you go :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
:party:

How is everyone? :h:

I'm so happy to be applying here! I would love to get in *crosses fingers for an interview*
currently prepping for a mock interview in 2 days time. feels good man.

also hoping to get down and started with revision in the half term, would like atleast 1 A* :s-smilie:, Don't want to flop again like I did with AS levels with a few weeks of revision
Hi there! I have applied to Barts, very excited.

I apologise if this has already been asked, but do General Studies and Critical Thinking (AS level) count towards the UCAS tariff?

I am aware that they don't count towards offers, but was just wondering if I could count them towards my tariff points :smile:

They were compulsory at my old school and I have two useless As otherwise!

Thank you for reading :smile:
Reply 991
Original post by snakeyface
Hi there! I have applied to Barts, very excited.

I apologise if this has already been asked, but do General Studies and Critical Thinking (AS level) count towards the UCAS tariff?

I am aware that they don't count towards offers, but was just wondering if I could count them towards my tariff points :smile:

They were compulsory at my old school and I have two useless As otherwise!

Thank you for reading :smile:

Yes they do count.
Original post by J1994D
Some do, my friend gets half terms at bath. Depends where you go :smile:

Oh OK :smile: Do any medical schools do half terms?
Reply 993

I don't know the term dates, have a google I bet some do :smile:

Original post by Holz888
Ahh. Well, mine are limited! I'd say something like 'at least you're a medical student' but I'm sure that you're not seeing that as any consolation :biggrin:

I'll take that as consolation :yep:

Nope :no:

Some courses have what's called a 'reading week' which is basically a half term.. but you won't get that with medicine.. just week in week out until term ends :tongue:

I highly doubt it.
Does anyone know if Barts are actually doing the multiple mini interviews this year?
Original post by anastasia450
Does anyone know if Barts are actually doing the multiple mini interviews this year?

I've not heard anything about this and doubt they would. They've stuck to the same interview process for a long time. I guess we'll find out for sure when interview invites go out, but in the mean time if I bump into any admissions staff on campus I'll ask them :smile:
I've not heard anything about this and doubt they would. They've stuck to the same interview process for a long time. I guess we'll find out for sure when interview invites go out, but in the mean time if I bump into any admissions staff on campus I'll ask them :smile:

Do any unis give ''test at interview''? Or is that just Cambridge/Oxford/somecourses in impy?
Reply 998
I have a question if anyone can help me out,
I achieved 39 points on the IB with 7,6,6,6 at higher level (I did 4 highers) and 6,5 at standard level with 3 points in the 'inner core'. On the UCAS tariff tables for the IB they give an overall score for the points received and a score for each grade depending on whether it was taken to higher or standard level. If I calculate my tariff per grade my score is much greater than that for the overall number of points....?
Does anybody know which score Barts may use?
@TAL what do you mean by test at interview?

@H44 I doubt anyone will know :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending