The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ineedtorevise127
Anyone got an interview offer yet at the most amazing medical school ever? :biggrin:

Well I haven't heard of any interview yet... but there has been a rejection, if you see on the medicine stalking page...

So maybe they are getting close to inviting for interviews?
Original post by byebyebadman
What ratio of graduates to college leavers are there on the standard course? And do you know what sort of UKCAT score graduates that got in had?

My year is 60% graduates and 40% undergrads, but I don't know if that's the same for every year. It fluctuates. Couldn't tell you about average UKCAT scores either, but I do know that the expected or desired UKcat score goes up every year (for all applicants).
Original post by hermi1
I don't see why not! :smile: your UKCAT isn't bad and your UCAS tariff is amazing!

hopefully *fingers crossed* :smile:
Does anybody know in detail about the selection criteria used to select candidates for interview? Is it purely a combination of ukcat and ucas tarrif or do they take into account things like reference, ps ad gcses too? This is for school leaver btw :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SamSmethurst
Does anybody know in detail about the selection criteria used to select candidates for interview? Is it purely a combination of ukcat and ucas tarrif or do they take into account things like reference, ps ad gcses too? This is for school leaver btw :smile:

Ucas, ukcat and ps all play a part, how big a part for each is unknown

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1185

They reject anyone below the UKCAT cut off. Those that are left are ordered by UCAS Tariff. The top 800 are interviewed.
Original post by Cattree
They reject anyone below the UKCAT cut off. Those that are left are ordered by UCAS Tariff. The top 800 are interviewed.

Did admissions tell you this?

Reply 1187
Original post by J1994D
Did admissions tell you this?

That's what they said on the open day.

But that's from memory. That's the info for the 5yr course and I'm a grad applying to the grad course so wasn't paying complete attention, but I believe that's accurate.
Original post by Cattree

So only UKCAT and UCAS Tariff are factors that influence who is selected for interview? I hope this is the case :L
Reply 1189
So only UKCAT and UCAS Tariff are factors that influence who is selected for interview? I hope this is the case :L

Yeah that's true! The PS (as far as I am aware, was the case last year) is only used during and after interview :smile:

Any interviews yet?
Reply 1191
Original post by medictobe
Same here - no word. I guess they have to make sure we meet their minimum criteria and they have to decide how many graduates to invite to interview and balance that with school leavers. There are too many eligible applicants who far exceed the minimum criteria. Have you grads done a related degree like Biochem or something completely different (like me)?

I did biomed. How about you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Business (fml)
Original post by master y
Any interviews yet?

Nope. None yet. :nah:
Reply 1194
Original post by Cattree

that cant be right because on last years medicine stalking page people got in with a ukcat under 620 ? i heard the "cut off" for barts was around 645 ?!
Original post by medgirlx
that cant be right because on last years medicine stalking page people got in with a ukcat under 620 ? i heard the "cut off" for barts was around 645 ?!

Barts doesn't have a 'cut-off' as such afaik, you just need to get over 2400 in total.
Reply 1196
Original post by medgirlx

Their cut off is 600.
Original post by Revent
Their cut off is 600.

Well this year it'll be 628 as that's the UK national average
Reply 1198
Original post by PinkNailPolish
Well this year it'll be 628 as that's the UK national average

I don't think that is the case for Barts. They do explicitly state that they want an applicant to have overall 2400 after all. However, having said that, looking at the statistics they have provided, a higher UKCAT does bode well for an applicant.
(edited 11 years ago)
I had emailed them and they said this year interviews will run from february to early march. So i guess we won't hear from them until at least late december.:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending