The Student Room Group

Over a year and still not over him?

My ex and I broke up just over a year ago, and I have only just realised I am still not over him, when I saw he is going on holiday with his new girlfriend. This is something we never managed to do together, even though we were together longer than they have been. The thought of him going away with her made me so angry and I can't explain why... am I seriously not over him, even though I am now in a happy relationship of about 8 months?
Reply 1
I feel sorry for your current boyfriend.
Reply 2
Original post by MancBoy
I feel sorry for your current boyfriend.

why's that?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
why's that?

You still have feelings for your ex while staying with this guy. That's unfair on your current boyfriend. Pretty obvious.
It doesnt mean your not over him necessarily, especially if you feel angry. You could just be bitter about what you guys had- i.e. him not going away with you but going away with his new girlfriend.

But honestly, just let go of it and enjoy your new boyfriend.
Reply 5
Original post by MancBoy
You still have feelings for your ex while staying with this guy. That's unfair on your current boyfriend. Pretty obvious.

Why does it effect my feelings for my current boyfriend at all?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
My ex and I broke up just over a year ago, and I have only just realised I am still not over him, when I saw he is going on holiday with his new girlfriend. This is something we never managed to do together, even though we were together longer than they have been. The thought of him going away with her made me so angry and I can't explain why... am I seriously not over him, even though I am now in a happy relationship of about 8 months?

You still might be over him. I've always found it a bit jarring when I see any exes with a new girlfriend for the first time, though this has always been while I was single. Just try to get on with your life away from your ex (avoid obsessing over him) and spend time with your boyfriend. If your feelings still haven't gone away after a couple of months, I'd say that's when you know you're not over him. I've always had the "belly flip" moment when I see an ex with a new girlfriend, but I usually think "meh" after a week or two at most.
Reply 7
Honestly, if you've been fine up till now, I doubt there's a serious problem. I've found that after a break up, things will hit you at the oddest time, and finding out things about his life after you can sometimes sting, even well after the fact. Give it some time and see what happens - I bet in a few weeks you really won't care anymore.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending