The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 07/08/2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZeeAli
Thanks! good luck to you too! primary ed at strathclyde i am soo nervous :s and yourself ?

Oh wow that sounds great! :biggrin: best of luck to you, and I'm just awaiting standard grade results :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by TheAdequateGatsby
Oh wow that sounds great! :biggrin: best of luck to you, and I'm just awaiting standard grade results :smile:

aw thanks oh are youu i was doing my highers lol :tongue: good luck anyway :smile:
I have an unconditional offer so not as nervous as I could be, though I really want to get 4 As this year!

I sat Higher German, Mods, Info Systems and Admin.

Info Systems and Admin went very well, Mods paper 1 was good, paper 2 wasn't though.

German - basically everything I hoped wouldn't come up did come up; usually German is one of my stronger subjects so I'm hoping I can get an A, though more likely a B.
Reply 43
Original post by anthonyfl
I know a few people who have appealed from a 2 to a 1 in the year above. However, my modern studies teacher says she doesn't appeal from 2s to 1s! If I get a 2 though, I will be appealing. I don't care what she says :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You cannot appeal, only the school can appeal on your behalf. You would need to persuade your teacher to put in an appeal for you.
Original post by AnnB
You cannot appeal, only the school can appeal on your behalf. You would need to persuade your teacher to put in an appeal for you.

Yeah I knowwww

What I'm saying, is I will convince her to.

good luck everyone :smile:
be weird having my sister getting results and not me this year!
I'm so nervous! I don't have any good reason to be, because I've got an unconditional and I feel my exams went reasonably well but that's no comfort to me.

I took AH Music, French and English, Higher Spanish and the Scottish Baccalaureate in Languages. I would ideally like 4 As and a Distinction just so I can take pride in the fact that I never got anything less than the tops grades (maybe a big conceited but I don't want to mess up my A streak now :tongue:), but AH English is a bum to get an A in so I think I'll get a B in that, and although the written exams for French went amazingly well for me, I might get a B depending on how the SQA look at my speaking exam (the examiner examined incorrectly and we filed a complaint to the SQA, so they're monitoring the grades instead of him marking us).

I might cry if I get anything less than an A in Music though. At the time I thought it went well, but in retrospect, I keep noticing lots of little things I did wrong in both my practical and listening. I reckon I've got 34/40 for the listening (because I usually get about 3.5 for each mini-essay and then I counted 3 other mistakes I definitely made, plus 34 is about my average mark anyway. Either way, I thought it was a really decent paper and my lowest mark ever was something like 26, so I'm not too concerned about that part of the exam) but it's the practical which matters so I don't know! :frown: I know I'd feel unfit to study Music at uni if I couldn't even get an A at AH!
Original post by christielovesyou
but AH English is a bum to get an A in so I think I'll get a B in that...

As long as you didn't do as my friend did -- she went to a party the night before the AH English exam and woke-up on her boyfriend's kitchen floor the next day after the exam had already started -- you'll be fine. Even a B at that level is still an achievement, hon. :wink:

I don't have any good reason to be, because I've got an unconditional and I feel my exams went reasonably well but that's no comfort to me.

Haha, I'm in same boat (although I'm doing a HNC rather than a degree next year). So the actual outcome doesn't really matter but at the same time I'm still nervous about them. ^^;
I sat Higher English, Higher Chemistry, Higher Maths, Higher Biology and Higher Modern Studies...Hoping for AAABB- As in english, chemistry and modern studies and Bs in Biology and Maths. I'd be happy with AABBB though. I will cry if i get any Cs :frown:
Advanced higher history, higher Spanish, and also higher politics. I don't need the grades, so I'm more excited than nervous!

It's frustrating though. All year I've been panicking about my Spanish listening skills. I'm now in Spain for a month and have met Spanish friends. If only my exam for Spanish was after I get back :L
Original post by sinfonietta
As long as you didn't do as my friend did -- she went to a party the night before the AH English exam and woke-up on her boyfriend's kitchen floor the next day after the exam had already started -- you'll be fine. Even a B at that level is still an achievement, hon. :wink:

Ooooh dear! :redface: What happened?! (With the exam I mean, not what happened for her to end up on her boyfriend's kitchen floor :tongue:)
Ooooh dear! :redface: What happened?! (With the exam I mean, not what happened for her to end up on her boyfriend's kitchen floor :tongue:)

Not sure how they dealt with it - I just know that she didn't get into her firm.

Reply 52
Original post by cgraham15
Advanced higher history, higher Spanish, and also higher politics. I don't need the grades, so I'm more excited than nervous!

It's frustrating though. All year I've been panicking about my Spanish listening skills. I'm now in Spain for a month and have met Spanish friends. If only my exam for Spanish was after I get back :L

Hey, I know this is a bit irrelevant but if you don't mind me asking what are you doing in Spain for a month and how did you get into it. It's just I'm looking to spend my summer in Spain next year

And good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 53
Absolutely dreading the 7th after that abomination that was Higher Maths Paper 2.. what a joke :biggrin:

Opened it up looking for "easy" question I could do. Question 1,2,3 hrmmm. Question 4,5,6 okayyy... :colondollar: Question 7 WTH???
Original post by Klink
Absolutely dreading the 7th after that abomination that was Higher Maths Paper 2.. what a joke :biggrin:

Opened it up looking for "easy" question I could do. Question 1,2,3 hrmmm. Question 4,5,6 okayyy... :colondollar: Question 7 WTH???

It's fine, I've heard loads of people saying that = pass mark will be lowered :smile:

Reply 55
I sat Higher English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Human Biology. I am hoping for 5As and really need them as I 'm applying to study medicine at uni, however English is rather unpredictable and so I really don't know what to expect :s-smilie: am feeling very nervous, just want to know what I got asap! It will be disappointing if i get less than 5As because that's what I got in the prelims.

good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 56
I'm am so nervous for the results now. I'm trying not to think about it but i can't help it especially when im doing summer homework (im trying to get it out of the way but there's so much!)
I would love 5 A's but i know that's not realistic after the Higher maths exam. It was horrible!
I'm hoping for:
H English - A
H History - A
H Modern Studies - A
H Biology - A/B (it could go either way)
H Maths - B

Good luck everyone :smile:
Yeah I knowwww

What I'm saying, is I will convince her to.

Hopefully you can. I did Standard Grade Modern Studies and throughout the whole year I got 1s for my ES but I always got 3 or lower for my KU :colondollar: But the good thing was that in the prelim I got a 1 for my ES and 4 for my KU which averaged to a 2 overall. However, in the actual exam I got 1 for my KU (I revised loads) and 2 for my ES resulting in an overall 2 but my teacher appealed for me to get a 1 for my ES having got it throughout the whole year and I ended up getting two 1s which made it an overall 1. :biggrin::fluffy::smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Klink

I think we should also remember that those on TSR are like minded and stereotypical high achievers in academia

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
It's fine, I've heard loads of people saying that = pass mark will be lowered :smile:

I agree, we may all be fussing over A/B boundaries whereas some outside TSR will be fussing over whether they achieve enough to pass well. We do not give the overall picture and secondly my head of maths encouraged us to complain as so many people agreed the style of the question was what made it "harder". I remember getting to question 5b and thinking "aww b*****d" even thought I may have not got the final answer, I've got working and that gives me hope. I remember credit last year thinking well gonna be doing int2 and somehow managed a 2. However there were perhaps 30/130 people in Higher maths this year in our school resitting and are expected to get A's or B's for uni so they will be just as worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending