The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samus2
Keele was my firm :smile: sadly I ended up going through clearing last year but congrats!

Thank Youu!!

Original post by Yung Mon£y
Get off the PC, get your friends and celebrate the student way - get utterly **** faced. :cool:

haha i'm childminding atm but will definitely be going crazyy laterr :biggrin:
Original post by TheMagicRat
You should go into the threads on the site about results day and remind those who failed what fate awaits them.

I've looked at some of the threads and some people are crying about only getting ABB when they wanted AAB despite the fact they got into their first choice. It's a little insulting to those that haven't got into their first choice, or their second. It annoys me that they are saying that, so I can only imagine how annoying it is for those that currently have no university to go to.

I could have got into Uni on a BCCD. I just had no aspirations and bummed around for too long.

Uni's not everything. The only reason I'm gutted I never went is because of missing out on the lifestyle. You can make a real success of yourself without a degree. Arguably you might even be better off without one for a few years. I feel like applying for a foundation or something myself now.
Original post by Deyesy
Happy with that Psychology result :h:

Original post by stephie.u3
I GOT INTO UNI....KEELE HERE I COME!!

honestly thought i'd missed it, not even exaggerating i had all the different clearing numbers saved in my phone and had looked at the clearing lists at midnight for back ups....so shocked/excited/over the moon/giddy/dont know what the hell to do with myself other than grin like an idiot!! :biggrin: x

:woo: well done! :biggrin:

I'm having a stressful morning with my brother phoning round unis to see if he got in. He did most of his A Levels last year so you think they would know! But UCAS isn't updating and the unis answers are pointless.

I am stressed and nervous for him!!
Original post by spiral87
I could have got into Uni on a BCCD. I just had no aspirations and bummed around for too long.

Uni's not everything. The only reason I'm gutted I never went is because of missing out on the lifestyle. You can make a real success of yourself without a degree. Arguably you might even be better off without one for a few years. I feel like applying for a foundation or something myself now.

I was pretty much the same. I had no real intention of going to university. I did A-Levels because it was just the thing pretty much everyone did. I didn't really try at all. I remember leaving one project that everyone else had been working on for about three months until about four days before it was due in. God knows how I got a D on it.

I've been thinking about doing an access course, or something like that, then going to university next year. Most colleges start enrolling next week, so I think I'll go on a tour of the West Midlands to see what they have to offer.
I GOT INTO UNI....KEELE HERE I COME!!

OMG I transfered to Keele... see you there :h:
Original post by StartSomething

I'm having a stressful morning with my brother phoning round unis to see if he got in. He did most of his A Levels last year so you think they would know! But UCAS isn't updating and the unis answers are pointless.

I am stressed and nervous for him!!

ooh it will all be okay in the end...keep your fingers and toes crossed!! :h:

Original post by tehFrance
OMG should I care??

:lol: Like you'd start venturing north of London.
Reply 1987
Congratulations! :smile:

Original post by StartSomething

One more year and I'll hopefully, finally be off to university somewhere :lol: Just taking the longggggg way there :rolleyes:
I was pretty much the same. I had no real intention of going to university. I did A-Levels because it was just the thing pretty much everyone did. I didn't really try at all. I remember leaving one project that everyone else had been working on for about three months until about four days before it was due in. God knows how I got a D on it.

I've been thinking about doing an access course, or something like that, then going to university next year. Most colleges start enrolling next week, so I think I'll go on a tour of the West Midlands to see what they have to offer.

I've kind of felt excited on behalf of other people who are going this year. I never really got that feeling of 'missing out' before now. I think that perhaps proves I'm finally ready, I never envied anyone who was going to Uni before.
Reply 1989
ooh it will all be okay in the end...keep your fingers and toes crossed!! :h:

OMG should I care??

Nope, he's probably making it up anyway.
Reply 1990
Aw man, I can't wait to get back to uni!
Original post by Samus2
Nope, he's probably making it up anyway.

I know he is... silly boy
OMG should I care??

Yeah... we be making the sweet-ah love :sexface: :tongue:
:lol: Like you'd start venturing north of London.

Is Keele in the north? :eek: I haven't even been past central so yes, I'd highly doubt I'd go north :tongue:
Haven't posted here in ages. Hope everyone's results went well :smile:
Yeah... we be making the sweet-ah love :sexface: :tongue:

Is Keele in the north? :eek: I haven't even been past central so yes, I'd highly doubt I'd go north :tongue:

doubt it sweetie
doubt it sweetie

I know, I found out where Keele is... no thank you :h:
Original post by Deyesy
One more year and I'll hopefully, finally be off to university somewhere :lol: Just taking the longggggg way there :rolleyes:

:woo: Better the later than never! :biggrin:

I am also taking a mega long way!... got to do another uni course after this one if I'm going to do what I really want! :cool:
Reply 1997
Has anyone heard from LifeIsGood?
Original post by Samus2
Has anyone heard from LifeIsGood?

:s-smilie: nope
Reply 1999
Man I'm hungry.

Latest