The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spiral87
It's a bit like a job interview I bet. You have 15 seconds to attract the other person.

Yeah, I think you're right about confidence. I think just 'knowing' you're a good person, 'knowing' that you look good etc. changes the way you behave and consequently the way people react to you.

If you get yourself stuck in a bit of rut confidence-wise/emotionally, it's almost impossible to get out, it's cyclic.

You can only make one first impression and all that.
I
Reply 381
Original post by LifeIsGood
What'd you think of Thomas Muller? :biggrin:

Don't influence her with your poison :angry:

Thomas Muller is overrated by you imo :smug:
Reply 382
It's a bit like a job interview I bet. You have 15 seconds to attract the other person.

FYI, flopping it out on the table doesn't work. However big it is.

I wish dating was a bit more like job interviews. I've had better luck with job interviews.
Original post by Yung Mon£y
And you said you prefered Europe to the US. Keep up to speed with what you say...:tongue:

Just because I want to send my son to private school in the US does not mean I'll live there... whatever happens, I will most likely be in London, Paris or Switzerland but boarding schools are all over the world... I want the best!

Indeed... I do quite well :smug:

Yeah, I think you're right about confidence. I think just 'knowing' you're a good person, 'knowing' that you look good etc. changes the way you behave and consequently the way people react to you.

If you get yourself stuck in a bit of rut confidence-wise/emotionally, it's almost impossible to get out, it's cyclic.

A job interview! It sounds scary when you put it like that! But I guess that's kind of true.. first impressions count.

That's true about knowing you look good and stuff and how people react to you. But confidence can also be faked :yep:

Ahh I know all about confidence issues, I've been there! And it is almost impossible to get out and seems like it will never end! But I think what changed me was my best friends being there for me and making me happy, oh and uni and having to survive and learn quickly!

Original post by LifeIsGood
Exactly how I feel. I mean I couldn't even like a decent looking CELEBRITY because of their personality so doubt I'd be attracted to someone in real life. I'm always the careful type to really know a person anyway. Glad I'm not the only one :smile:

My ex reckons that any woman would date/marry a man with loads of money, no matter whether she liked him or found him attractive, but just for the money. It really annoyed me and I am always like noooo that's so not true! Me for example! And I managed to convince him that I wouldn't do that, but he was like, you're the only one. :rolleyes: haha
Original post by tehFrance
Just because I want to send my son to private school in the US does not mean I'll live there... whatever happens, I will most likely be in London, Paris or Switzerland but boarding schools are all over the world... I want the best!

I'll send my son to the moon to become Emperor of the Sun.
True story.

The best way to get out of a cycle of low confidence is to stop caring.
People say that's when you will meet someone and it's oddly true.
Reply 388
So putting it out there;

What kind of guys are you girls interested in? Of course you don't go around with a notepad and pen ticking checkboxes with every guy you meet, but an overview would be nice. (Ok, maybe some of you do, but you know what I mean. :tongue: )
Reply 389

I think I agree with this. The second I stopped.. interesting things just started happening. :tongue:

A bit of Vegeta is always good. :ahee:
I'll send my son to the moon to become Emperor of the Sun.
True story.

Oh very good come back... I take it you don't care for your sons education? I personally do and as much as I want to send my son to 'Le Rosey' I want him to go to a school that is sports orientated... especially in aquatics, polo, rowing, rugby and tennis. 'Le Rosey' fits however it is too academically focused, I value sports over academics, I can always buy my sons entry to a top university like someone I know has done for their son... spoilt brat :tongue:

Totally agree with this!

Original post by Spontogical
So putting it out there;

What kind of guys are you girls interested in? Of course you don't go around with a notepad and pen ticking checkboxes with every guy you meet, but an overview would be nice. (Ok, maybe some of you do, but you know what I mean. :tongue: )

I don't tend to go for one specific type of guy, it just seems to be.. random!

Or maybe I have a checkbox without realising it! I dunno.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 392
Oh very good come back... I take it you don't care for your sons education? I personally do and as much as I want to send my son to 'Le Rosey' I want him to go to a school that is sports orientated... especially in aquatics, polo, rowing, rugby and tennis. 'Le Rosey' fits however it is too academically focused, I value sports over academics, I can always buy my sons entry to a top university like someone I know has done for their son... spoilt brat :tongue:

I value both sports and academics too, but sports has to take it for me tbh. Especially given the fact that almost everything can be found in some form, online.. imagine in 20 years time, what online education will end up like. It will be astronomical. :tongue:
Reply 393
Original post by StartSomething
Totally agree with this!

I don't tend to go for one specific type of guy, it just seems to be.. random!

Or maybe I have a checkbox without realising it! I dunno.

Haha I don't mean type exactly but.. aren't there certain things that make you more interested in a guy?
Original post by Spontogical
I value both sports and academics too, but sports has to take it for me tbh. Especially given the fact that almost everything can be found in some form, online.. imagine in 20 years time, what online education will end up like. It will be astronomical. :tongue:

Sports will come out on top for my son, whether he likes it or not :tongue:

I don't want no fat lazy child! :h:

I care so much about my son he wear nothing that is not made out of solid gold, drive nothing but diamond-encrusted ferrari's, as well as being #1 sportsman of the year from the age of 18 until he dies at the age of 200.
True story.
I care so much about my son he wear nothing that is not made out of solid gold, drive nothing but diamond-encrusted ferrari's, as well as being #1 sportsman of the year from the age of 18 until he dies at the age of 200.
True story.

I don't care that much about my son that he will wear solid gold clothes and drive diamond encrusted ferrari's, I didn't get that so why should he?
I don't care that much about my son that he will wear solid gold clothes and drive diamond encrusted ferrari's, I didn't get that so why should he?

Of course.
Reply 398

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Sagna looks like a ****ing statue. :rofl:
Original post by Stray_talk
You can only make one first impression and all that.
I

I........ndeed. Was there more? :tongue:

Original post by Psyk
FYI, flopping it out on the table doesn't work. However big it is.

I like to keep lots of things secret. I'd rather my personality speaks for me than brag about what I do or what I've done. Not that I'm special in any way.

A job interview! It sounds scary when you put it like that! But I guess that's kind of true.. first impressions count.

That's true about knowing you look good and stuff and how people react to you. But confidence can also be faked :yep:

Yup...just like that moment when you see someone for the first time and instantly you feel something. If you then approach them, what happens next...literally in the first sentence or two, will decide whether you like them or think they're an idiot.

Ahh I know all about confidence issues, I've been there! And it is almost impossible to get out and seems like it will never end! But I think what changed me was my best friends being there for me and making me happy, oh and uni and having to survive and learn quickly!

Lucky you had that, I had to pull myself out by myself. My friends put me down. And if they didn't put me down, I put myself down based on the way they reacted towards me. And then I ditched the lot of them when it finally clicked it was them that were the problem, not me :biggrin:

My ex reckons that any woman would date/marry a man with loads of money, no matter whether she liked him or found him attractive, but just for the money. It really annoyed me and I am always like noooo that's so not true! Me for example! And I managed to convince him that I wouldn't do that, but he was like, you're the only one. :rolleyes: haha

Your ex talks crap.

Latest