The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by Eloades11
It definitely beats reading a journal on a Saturday evening, although I don't think my tutor will be impressed come Monday :frown:

I'm surprisingly better at mario kart after a few drinks! What sort of games do you play? My plan for tomorrow is to finish the paper I started reading, so lets hope we can get somewhere :cool:

Just checked the edit, yeah the aim is that we start reading 2 papers on the latest research per week, and by the end of our degree we will be reading them effortlessly. I'm way too lazy to set myself that work, I'm struggling to just get myself to go over lectures now!

Haha, what do you drink?
I have my xbox at uni, although its broken (RRod on my first day of term...its a sign for second year i think), I was playing Dark Souls and I'd just completed Gears 3. Though I play most games, I don't have a preferred genre.

Aye, some sort of progress would be good. Ah thats quite good practice to get into I suppose. Haha, yeah otherwise I was going to say you are working too hard :tongue: Yeah i have the same issue, embryology and development topic is killing me, I actually have no clue as to what is going on.
Original post by Falcon91
Haha, what do you drink?
I have my xbox at uni, although its broken (RRod on my first day of term...its a sign for second year i think), I was playing Dark Souls and I'd just completed Gears 3. Though I play most games, I don't have a preferred genre.

Aye, some sort of progress would be good. Ah thats quite good practice to get into I suppose. Haha, yeah otherwise I was going to say you are working too hard :tongue: Yeah i have the same issue, embryology and development topic is killing me, I actually have no clue as to what is going on.

Yesterday we had a few Stella's, although that's not what I usually drink, much prefer the taste of Carling. Most would take that as a sign, I'd get a new one :tongue: nice one! I've actually been playing Gears 3 quite a bit, I'm in love with horde mode.

I suppose assigning us papers to read is better than nothing, I tend to enjoy reading a few of them. Those topics sound hard, I'm just struggling to remember prokaryotic DNA replication! It'll be even more confusing when we go through eukaryotic replication next week :mad: You also in your second year?
I say it now, yet I'm still here on TSR! I'm studying Biomedical Science at Warwick, how about yourself?

Awesome, I'm sure by the amount I watch it I'll be on that season in no time.

Spoiler

That actually seems like a reasonable plan, I'll have to try it out if I'm to make any sort of progress :rolleyes:

I TSR while studying :cool: I spent so much time doing hardcore studying last week I just can't be bothered at the moment. Bad attitude! Ah sounds cooool. I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography.

Ohhh I loved that dude! Ha but yeah, I would not have guessed either. Who's your favourite character?

It is a reasonable plan :biggrin: The thing is, we usually only get an hours break so I go into the library then get carried away with what I am doing and am late to the next lecture.
Original post by StartSomething
I TSR while studying :cool: I spent so much time doing hardcore studying last week I just can't be bothered at the moment. Bad attitude! Ah sounds cooool. I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography.

Ohhh I loved that dude! Ha but yeah, I would not have guessed either. Who's your favourite character?

It is a reasonable plan :biggrin: The thing is, we usually only get an hours break so I go into the library then get carried away with what I am doing and am late to the next lecture.

Yeah that just doesn't work for me :frown: If I could actually put in some decent effort at the moment I might not feel bad about dossing. Diagnostic Radiography, sounds very interesting. You hoping to take a medical career after that?

My mate also loves Mr Eko, but my favourite character has to be Sawyer, he definitely has the most interesting perspective of things and I like how he handles things. How about you?

An hour break in between lectures just wouldn't suit me, it takes me 15 minutes to cycle back home from campus, just to cycle back in 30 minutes time. The amount of hills there are to negotiate as well, I'll be finishing this year with six packs on my legs.
Reply 3984
Yesterday we had a few Stella's, although that's not what I usually drink, much prefer the taste of Carling. Most would take that as a sign, I'd get a new one :tongue: nice one! I've actually been playing Gears 3 quite a bit, I'm in love with horde mode.

I suppose assigning us papers to read is better than nothing, I tend to enjoy reading a few of them. Those topics sound hard, I'm just struggling to remember prokaryotic DNA replication! It'll be even more confusing when we go through eukaryotic replication next week :mad: You also in your second year?

Stella is alright, though I prefer the cidre. Ew Carling :P haha yeah, I need to phone MS and they will repair it for free (thisll be my 5th xbox). Ah horde mode is decent yeah. I'm going to be buying Dishonored as soon as I get my xbox back, have you looked at that?
Someone enjoys reading journals :ninja: :O I've done those two topics, though you'll probably do even more detail than we have on it.

Aye second year dentist. Our topics this term are all like, wtf hard :frown:
Yeah that just doesn't work for me :frown: If I could actually put in some decent effort at the moment I might not feel bad about dossing. Diagnostic Radiography, sounds very interesting. You hoping to take a medical career after that?

My mate also loves Mr Eko, but my favourite character has to be Sawyer, he definitely has the most interesting perspective of things and I like how he handles things. How about you?

An hour break in between lectures just wouldn't suit me, it takes me 15 minutes to cycle back home from campus, just to cycle back in 30 minutes time. The amount of hills there are to negotiate as well, I'll be finishing this year with six packs on my legs.

I'm hoping to work as a radiographer for some time. What year are you in of your course?

Sawyer is my favourite character too. He's always been my favourite character but then in season 5 & 6 he gets really sexy and I spend the whole time just staring at him. But I love his personality.

That's why I don't bother going home during breaks - by the time I get home I would have 10 minutes before I have to go back to uni. I used to be able to go home the other years when I drove into uni, but this year I have decided to be good and walk everywhere. So far, so good, and tomorrow night I am getting back into jogging eeeek.
Reply 3986
Stella is alright, though I prefer the cidre. Ew Carling :P haha yeah, I need to phone MS and they will repair it for free (thisll be my 5th xbox). Ah horde mode is decent yeah. I'm going to be buying Dishonored as soon as I get my xbox back, have you looked at that?
Someone enjoys reading journals :ninja: :O I've done those two topics, though you'll probably do even more detail than we have on it.

I've never had an xbox fail on me in the last 6/7 years...

I've got Resident Evil 6 sat staring at me and i can't play it :'(
Reply 3987
Original post by Samus2
I've never had an xbox fail on me in the last 6/7 years...

I've got Resident Evil 6 sat staring at me and i can't play it :'(

The first one I got in 2005, RRoD within a few weeks, twice replaced by the store. After a year I had another one RRoD, and Ive had the current one for two years and now thats died as well. Shocking luck, but at least they replace/fix it for free.

How come you cant play it? Also are you a Resi fan then?
Reply 3988
The first one I got in 2005, RRoD within a few weeks, twice replaced by the store. After a year I had another one RRoD, and Ive had the current one for two years and now thats died as well. Shocking luck, but at least they replace/fix it for free.

How come you cant play it? Also are you a Resi fan then?

Haha no way! that's crazy.
I must just be very lucky it's never happened to me!

I've fractured my left hand recently so, will be a few weeks till I can play as I'm in pretty much constant pain haha.
ah yes! so much so! are you?
Reply 3989
Original post by Samus2
Haha no way! that's crazy.
I must just be very lucky it's never happened to me!

I've fractured my left hand recently so, will be a few weeks till I can play as I'm in pretty much constant pain haha.
ah yes! so much so! are you?

Ah yes! Sorry I forgot about that haha. That sucks -.- hope you get better quick.
I know about the games and movies, but didn't play any of the games till Resi 4 and 5. I have 5 on my PC at home, its decent but I still need to complete it.

I hear 6 is more 'action' than horror and a lot of the fans don't seem too pleased with it, from what I've read anyway.

Yeah I first felt that way about Carling, but I guess it just grew on me after a while. I've seen the trailer for Dishonored, but I don't think I'll be getting it, I only play a few games on xbox, mainly CoD, Halo or FIFA.

When I say I enjoy reading the journals, I still wouldn't choose it over watching Lost or Dexter. The newest episode comes out tomorrow, can't wait to see it :biggrin: I can imagine Dentistry being tough, especially second year. Best of luck with the year and degree!

I'm hoping to work as a radiographer for some time. What year are you in of your course?

Sawyer is my favourite character too. He's always been my favourite character but then in season 5 & 6 he gets really sexy and I spend the whole time just staring at him. But I love his personality.

That's why I don't bother going home during breaks - by the time I get home I would have 10 minutes before I have to go back to uni. I used to be able to go home the other years when I drove into uni, but this year I have decided to be good and walk everywhere. So far, so good, and tomorrow night I am getting back into jogging eeeek.

That sounds pretty hardcore, I wish you the best of luck in pursuing that! I'm a second year biomed student, I'm quite enjoying the course at the moment, but the thing that really gets me is lab work. I walk into the lab knowing absolutely everything, and then it goes to shambles when I'm actually sitting down doing it. My lab partner comes to my rescue a lot :frown:

I wouldn't say Sawyer is sexy, as I'm straight, but he has the best attitude and he says it how it is, and sticks to himself. I'll take note that he gets sexy in season 5 and 6 though. I'm also liking Jin, he's a good person and he tries his best. Not to mention Locke, I still don't understand how he can walk after being in a wheelchair (and I'm supposed to be the biologist here).

Best of luck with the jogging! I used to go all the time last year, but I've just gotten super lazy, and cycling to uni and back is the only exercise I get nowadays, I need to pull myself together. Do you go running often?
That sounds pretty hardcore, I wish you the best of luck in pursuing that! I'm a second year biomed student, I'm quite enjoying the course at the moment, but the thing that really gets me is lab work. I walk into the lab knowing absolutely everything, and then it goes to shambles when I'm actually sitting down doing it. My lab partner comes to my rescue a lot :frown:

I wouldn't say Sawyer is sexy, as I'm straight, but he has the best attitude and he says it how it is, and sticks to himself. I'll take note that he gets sexy in season 5 and 6 though. I'm also liking Jin, he's a good person and he tries his best. Not to mention Locke, I still don't understand how he can walk after being in a wheelchair (and I'm supposed to be the biologist here).

Best of luck with the jogging! I used to go all the time last year, but I've just gotten super lazy, and cycling to uni and back is the only exercise I get nowadays, I need to pull myself together. Do you go running often?

Thanks :biggrin: Good luck to you too! :smile: Haha that's the same as me when I go on placement. I have to do blocks of placement on my course and I go there on the first day thinking I know loads, and then I realise that I actually need to do a lot more studying!

I think Kate is sexy and I am straight :biggrin: haha. I don't like Locke, there's just something about him that I don't like. He's a bit creepy.

I used to go running all the time but now I'm so unfit it's ridiculous. But I've lost half a stone in the last few weeks by diet so now I've decided I can't make any more progress if I don't do any exercise!
Cycling is just as good!
Thanks :biggrin: Good luck to you too! :smile: Haha that's the same as me when I go on placement. I have to do blocks of placement on my course and I go there on the first day thinking I know loads, and then I realise that I actually need to do a lot more studying!

I think Kate is sexy and I am straight :biggrin: haha. I don't like Locke, there's just something about him that I don't like. He's a bit creepy.

I used to go running all the time but now I'm so unfit it's ridiculous. But I've lost half a stone in the last few weeks by diet so now I've decided I can't make any more progress if I don't do any exercise!
Cycling is just as good!

Thanks :smile: what sort of placement do you have? I know I have to get some sort of internship for next summer as I'm a second year, and I have no work experience whatsoever :tongue:

I used to be in love with Kate during the first season, but I've gone off her now. I much prefer Michelle Rodriguez, she's amazing :coma: You don't like Locke!? :eek: he's amazing! It's like he just knows everything.

Running is one of those sports where you just have to keep working at it in order to get better, any sort of time off or away just ruins me. If I had just one person to run with each time then I'm sure it would be fine. I'm not quite sure if cycling is as good as running, but hopefully my bike will stop me getting fat. Can I ask which university you go to? Do you enjoy it there? :smile:
Reply 3995
Original post by LifeIsGood
Tried to rep, need to past it on to others. Well Done Davo! Your website is starting to really pay off now, get some more subscribers!

Thanks. :hat2: - it now begins. :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Spontogical
Thanks. :hat2: - it now beings. :colone:

*Begins

You're Welcome.

Blud

I'm a second year biochem student too looking for an internship/summer placement from the biochemical society. Do you have any good links. I've only seen one or two that I'm eligible for but I'll see as it goes on. What uni do you go to? The lab work is just so intense at times and I feel so stupid as the procedures are usually so simple. I know how you feel.
i am an independent _____ woman no need no man
Reply 3999
Original post by medicine gapper
i am an independent _____ woman no need no man

I'm a sharp-tongued, finger-snapping; independent, black career woman! And I don't need no man!!!! :angry:

Latest