The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spiral87

Also, it seems our first language is now French.

Within days, you'll be bored. I'm just glad Hamilton is on pole for the British GP.

Since the guy who founded the Modern Olympics was French it's seen a long standing tradition.
Original post by Psyk
I think I know why.

For some reason, morris on twitter seems odd, hah.
Reply 82
Original post by StartSomething
I didn't think I cared about the Olympics either.
Especially when the torch was in my town and people were on the streets waving their flags about getting in my way when all I wanted to do was get to Asda and back.

But then the ceremony happened to be on tv last night when I went over to a friends, so I ended up watching it all. And now I'm pretty Olympiced up :biggrin: Although I won't be watching all of it, some of the sports just don't interest me at all.

The torch did what it was 'meant' to do which was get the public behind it. It passed quite literally outside my house and it was one of them things that if I didn't see the torch; I knew I'd regret it? And I didn't actually have to move to see it so :tongue:

And I won't be watching it all but if I'm on the computer; I'm having it on in the background :yep:

Did you see the opening ceremony? I watched some highlights on the internet last night after I came home from a party and it made me cringe. And scrolling down my Facebook news feed, reading a dozen "I'm so proud to be British :cry2: " status updates was the icing on the cake. I'm proud to be British, but being British isn't about undue extravagance, we leave that to the Americans.

Also, it seems our first language is now French.

Within days, you'll be bored. I'm just glad Hamilton is on pole for the Hungarian GP.

PRSOM about Hamilton. No-one could touch him :| Each to their own about the opening ceremony :yy: I loved it but it's not going to be for everyone...
Within days, you'll be bored. I'm just glad Hamilton is on pole for the Hungarian GP.

Nahhh, cos I'm not going to watch the crappy sports... especially football which I don't think is crappy, just stupid being in the olympics.

But I like watching stuff like the 100m (and the short running races) and hurdles. And I like the gymnastics. And that's about the only ones I'm interested in.

I'll be bored watching the other stuff... like rowing...
Reply 84
Original post by Stray_talk
You can block people, I think.

I'm trying to find the button for it but I'm on my phone :redface:
Starting to lose respect for the guy tbh.

Original post by Deyesy
Seriously? :s-smilie: I'm with spiral with in that I'm loosing respect for him...

He made a fake account and then started saying stuff that David was apparently saying about me. I told him he just shouldn't have spoken to me/ told me and he's started attacking me :laugh:
Original post by Deyesy
The torch did what it was 'meant' to do which was get the public behind it. It passed quite literally outside my house and it was one of them things that if I didn't see the torch; I knew I'd regret it? And I didn't actually have to move to see it so :tongue:

Ahh, see, if it has passed that close to me I would have watched it from the comfort of my own house.

Well. It pretty much did pass by my house. But it would have involved me going out of the house and walking a few inches to the end of the road, which I'm far too lazy to do. But if I could have sat on the sofa and watched it, then I would have :biggrin:
Original post by Psyk
I think I know why.

Why? is it because he is a child that can not get over rejection from a female he has never met and only knows online? that is quite sad tbh.
Reply 87
Original post by tehFrance
Why? is it because he is a child that can not get over rejection from a female he has never met and only knows online? that is quite sad tbh.

Yes.
Reply 88
No one that is who :tongue: he is and always will be a weird one!

Oh that is a shame, it is meant to be great... I went last year and loved it, one of the best summers of my life I believe!!! :banana: you should go next year though!!

Unfortunately, this year does look good :frown: oh well there is always next year! And I cant really complain after going to Parklife festival and Ibiza :h:

In other news, COME ON CAV!
Reply 89
Original post by Jaydiee
I'm trying to find the button for it but I'm on my phone :redface:

He made a fake account and then started saying stuff that David was apparently saying about me. I told him he just shouldn't have spoken to me/ told me and he's started attacking me :laugh:

I have no idea why on earth he's even started to attack you... :facepalm: Well his words have been 'I start to attack people that are close to me' - But that's such a lame excuse to be honest :rolleyes:

Ahh, see, if it has passed that close to me I would have watched it from the comfort of my own house.

Well. It pretty much did pass by my house. But it would have involved me going out of the house and walking a few inches to the end of the road, which I'm far too lazy to do. But if I could have sat on the sofa and watched it, then I would have :biggrin:

Well I had to move upstairs and open the window so I could sit and watch it but I didn't mind making a tiny bit of effort to see it :tongue:

And so decides to attack her for absolutely no reason. We may actually see eye to eye on something for once France... :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)

Rowing is quite good, I love rowing, I think I may join the rowing club when I go back, there is also rugby but I am not built for it... one of the guys tried to get me to sign up last year when I was there as he heard my last name and immediately connected it to a cousin of mine... while my cousin was (and still is) brilliant, I am not :lol:

Aww rowing isn't boring. Its a fun sport to participate in, too.
Rowing is quite good, I love rowing, I think I may join the rowing club when I go back, there is also rugby but I am not built for it... one of the guys tried to get me to sign up last year when I was there as he heard my last name and immediately connected it to a cousin of mine... while my cousin was (and still is) brilliant, I am not :lol:

Original post by Stray_talk
Aww rowing isn't boring. Its a fun sport to participate in, too.

Ah I just don't find rowing so interesting to watch. I've never actually tried it myself... maybe it would be more interesting actually doing it. But it makes me fall asleep watching it after a while.

Rugby on the other hand... :colone: I like rugby.
Original post by Psyk
Yes.

In a way I feel sorry for him. I honestly don't understand how he cannot get over it... the amount of PMs he sent me regarding Jade and how to get over her was quite simply taking the piss. Must of gotten a good couple of hundred!!! :eek:
Original post by Jaydiee
Unfortunately, this year does look good :frown: oh well there is always next year! And I cant really complain after going to Parklife festival and Ibiza :h:

In other news, COME ON CAV!

Yes always next year :h: and yes you cannot can you, you lucky woman you :tongue: anyway you are a working woman now, you can't be going off on party holidays on a whim like I :teehee:

No! :ahee:
Original post by Deyesy
And so decides to attack her for absolutely no reason. We may actually see eye to eye on something for once France... :lol:

He is extremely weird.
Ah I just don't find rowing so interesting to watch. I've never actually tried it myself... maybe it would be more interesting actually doing it. But it makes me fall asleep watching it after a while.

Rugby on the other hand... :colone: I like rugby.

Ah you are like me with golf only it is rowing, I agree doing a sport is more interesting than watching it. Golf is boring unless you are out there playing it yourself and I think you may find the same thing with rowing :h:

I love rugby, I am just not built for it :lol:
Reply 96
Original post by Jaydiee

It's really weird how he's sent you two dozen messages, mostly in conversation with himself.
Original post by Yung Mon£y
Yeah I think some people do use the site to procrastinate inbetween f5'ing facebook. I think a few people here may be game for meeting up although personally I wouldn't want to meet a few people who frequent this thread :tongue:
I've a feeling though some people use the site as a dating site, which could make meet-ups somewhat awkward if you're not that way inclined about them hence why the may not want to meet up regularly; I've ran into that problem before :s-smilie:

Lol, who does that? I've only really seen trolls or jokers saying they want to intentionally date someone from this site, but even then they're usually not even serious. This isn't a dating site so trying to do it forcefully would seem quite unnatural.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Lol, who does that?

Er hello and or duh... me and Jade :h:

Is that morris's Twitter and real name?

Latest