The Student Room Group

Where to go from here

Iv been with my boyfriend 6 years next Sunday we got together when we were 13 went to high school together right through to year 13 I left and started an apprenticeship and everything was fine he went to uni last year in London and only saw each other for 2 nights every 3 weeks at times things were really bad he didn't seem bothered in talking to me and made me cry at times. Anyway the weekend of the queens jubilee I went to stay with him it was brilliant stayed at a hotel for 2 nights and got engaged. However, it wasn't planned it wasnt romantic in the slightest if I'm honest but it was ok because we'd decided we would be together till we were old. Fast forward a month and a bit and it turns put he onlydricdrd to get engaged to shut me up all my friends are in relationships and ststarting families and what not some are married so I'd obviously mentioned it a few times. This all came out in an argument that he didn't really want to and so I left the £250 ring on the side for when he wants to I'm gutted that he feels like this but where do I go from here? Because to me it's the last straw I stay at his and I'm practically his mum buying him food cleaning up after him getting him everything I also stay on work nights when I like to be in bed for 10 to be up for half 7 he purposely makes me sleep on the floor often without a quilt in tears and to top it off he keeps me awake being horrible till 2am some times. I asked what we were doing for our 6 yrs together he simply said nothing I'm gutted really I am he doesn't listen when I tell him we need to talk. Where do I go from here
Reply 1
I think you know where you go from here.

What would you seriously say to someone else if they came and told you what you've written? You'd tell them to run away as fast as they could. Sad but true. While you're hanging on in there he's probably waiting for a time to leave, or going to push you until you leave. 6 years is a long time but people can change very quickly, and it sounds like you shouldn't be together.

Sorry if its not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't stay in a situation like that.
Reply 2
you probably don't want to end it because you've been with him so long and you won't want to feel that you've wasted the last 6 years, but he's not treating you with love or respect and i think you need to leave him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending