The Student Room Group

So you've checked Track, what now? - 2012 Results

Scroll to see replies

It doesn't necessarily mean you were unsuccessful. It means either they haven't made a decision yet, or they didn't tell UCAS their decision in time for this set of updates. Track won't update again until midday now.

At this point you just need to get hold of your results, then if necessary you can phone the uni to find out if they've made a decision yet.
Reply 81
omg this moment makes all that studying and revision worthwhile! so happy! hopefully everyone gets what they deserve!
Original post by Theturnbull9
Why have some people been accepted and some people have to wait til the next update, is this just a totally random selection of people because surely those who enter clearing need to know soon whether or not firm and insurance choices have accepted/rejected.

It just means that some unis have been quicker than others about getting their updates out.
Reply 83
Original post by karchun
I don't know what's going on - just been unsuccessful for my insurance - updated yesterday (15/8/12) but no reply from my Firm insurance which just say conditional - but this conditional was when i first applied 5 months ago - does that mean i've been unsuccessful overall since my insurance has rejected me???

Please help anyone!

If one offer changes to Unconditional [UF or UI], this means you have gained a place there.
If this is your firm choice, your insurance might not have updated to "unconditional" as well. Since you will not be going to your insurance, because you have been accepted by your firm choice, this doesn't matter.
If this is your insurance, and your firm has updated to "unsuccessful", this means that you have missed your firm offer and they are unable to take you. However, you have a place at your insurance.
If this is your insurance, and your firm is still showing "conditional", either your firm has been slow in confirming your place or they are still deciding about you. In this case, you will need to get your results and contact the uni concerned as soon as possible.
Reply 84
Original post by karchun
I don't know what's going on - just been unsuccessful for my insurance - updated yesterday (15/8/12) but no reply from my Firm insurance which just say conditional - but this conditional was when i first applied 5 months ago - does that mean i've been unsuccessful overall since my insurance has rejected me???

Please help anyone!
Not necessarily. You need to ring your Firm as soon as you have your results to hand.
Reply 85
Original post by karchun

Please help anyone!

It means they haven't updated your status yet, so you'll just have to wait until they do that until you can do anything else, I'm afraid.:frown: Except wait for your results, obviously.
Original post by shahgerd1
omg this moment makes all that studying and revision worthwhile! so happy! hopefully everyone gets what they deserve!

I take it you've got in?? well done!! :biggrin:
Give your firm a ring and ask them to confirm what's happening, there's a chance they'll still take you. I'd go and get your grades first though so you can see how close you were UMS wise to plead your case.
Reply 88
Congratulations! Your place at The University of Kent (K24) to study Computer Science with a year in Industry (G404) has been confirmed.

THANK GOD!!!
Im actually so happy :biggrin:
Reply 89
Got in to my firm university!! But I can't see my results on track?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
if i had missed my offer for my firm choice, but have been accepted by my insurance, is my insurance supposed to have changed my reply to firm?
Reply 91
Mine hasnt even updated, been up since 6:30 staring at the screen haha, gutted! x
Reply 92
Original post by GOLFWANG
if i had missed my offer for my firm choice, but have been accepted by my insurance, is my insurance supposed to have changed my reply to firm?
What does your Track actually say?
Reply 93
Going to call Warwick i guess. They are either undecided or haven't updated as my firm is neither unconditional nor is it unsucsessful so i guess it's good both ways. Going to get my results first.
Original post by Clairejm
Mine hasnt even updated, been up since 6:30 staring at the screen haha, gutted! x

If it hasn't updated then it probably won't until around noon now.
Original post by uxa595
Going to call Warwick i guess. They are either undecided or haven't updated as my firm is neither unconditional nor is it unsucsessful so i guess it's good both ways. Going to get my results first.

Good plan! I hope it goes well for you, if nothings updated then it doesn't mean panic yet.
Best of luck to everyone today - I'm feeling nervous and excited for you all!

Share your good news and if you didn't quite get what you needed worry not. There are loads of options out there so get ringing Universities and take the next step on your journey as a student.

Here's some advice from our graduates as to how to make the most of your time at University: [video="youtube_share;1gzo8XOzBkc"]http://youtu.be/1gzo8XOzBkc[/video]

Claire
Reply 97
The same thing has just happened me, ive missed my firm but met my insurance.

It now states 'Unsuccessful' beside my was-firm.

And states 'Unconditional' and 'Firm' beside my insurance.
Reply 98
So I made my firm choice on a changed course offer, but it doesn't look like I'm able to reply? Is that because it's too early?
Reply 99
Hi, My track says 'Register for Adjustment' at the bottom of the choices page. Just wanted to know that does this mean I have exceeded my offer or is it on everyones. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending