The Student Room Group

Oxford 2012 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by SecondHand
Does anyone have any idea what the live music scene is like in oxford?

The uni has its own Rock Society which provides a useful gateway to the live scene here. Its Facebook page is prob'ly more active than the website during the hols.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2337719037

http://oxford.rocksoc.com
Reply 381
Original post by such_a_lady
I suggest a meet up in the second-week-which-is-technically-1st-week :colone:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sounds good. I know I don't post here often, but I hope that wouldn't preclude me from joining in?

Edit: On a side note, I've just ordered my entire reading list from Amazon...
Original post by shoshin
The uni has its own Rock Society which provides a useful gateway to the live scene here. Its Facebook page is prob'ly more active than the website during the hols.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2337719037

http://oxford.rocksoc.com

When I saw RockSoc (noticed it before any of the other writing, no idea why) I honestly thought it was going to be some kind of geology fan club. Pleasantly surprised though:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by stinkerbelll
When I saw RockSoc (noticed it before any of the other writing, no idea why) I honestly thought it was going to be some kind of geology fan club. Pleasantly surprised though:smile:

Haha, I thought the exact same :laugh:
Original post by Bob400001
Sounds good. I know I don't post here often, but I hope that wouldn't preclude me from joining in?

Edit: On a side note, I've just ordered my entire reading list from Amazon...

The only requirement is being a member of TSR with an Oxford offer :wink:

Reply 385
The only requirement is being a member of TSR with an Oxford offer :wink:

Noice.
I suggest a meet up in the second-week-which-is-technically-1st-week :colone:

That'd be nice (hopefully the workload won't be too much on the first week haha).
Original post by Bob400001
Noice.

See you there. :colonhash:
Original post by Niki_girl

Aw :hugs: do you have a job, or any travelling lined up, to pass the time? Can you go and visit some family or something so you're not by yourself as much?

I've got lots of trips lined up to go see my friends at their various schools and I have a job to keep me busy, but it's just so weird to not see the people I've seen every day for the past decade and a half around anymore. :frown:

From reading the letter from the Dean of Divinity I'm tentatively deciding I'd actually quite like to get involved in Chapel life at Magdalen or at least give it a go, even if I'm not a Christian :colondollar:

Reply 390
Original post by sixdaysinthesun
I've got lots of trips lined up to go see my friends at their various schools and I have a job to keep me busy, but it's just so weird to not see the people I've seen every day for the past decade and a half around anymore. :frown:

Have you always gone to the same school? (I'm sorry if I'm jumping in randomly and missing something!)
Reply 391
I know I don't post here often either, but a meet-up in the second week sounds like a sweet idea. I propose we meet by the Radcliffe camera because it's nice and central (and also 10 seconds from Brasenose :tongue: )

...I have yet to send off any of my Oxford contracts/forms, I should really get on to that.
From reading the letter from the Dean of Divinity I'm tentatively deciding I'd actually quite like to get involved in Chapel life at Magdalen or at least give it a go, even if I'm not a Christian :colondollar:

How does that work out? :p:
Original post by .Met.

...I have yet to send off any of my Oxford contracts/forms, I should really get on to that.

Me too! Every day I tell myself I'll get round to it, but never do :tongue:
Original post by confused dot com
Me too! Every day I tell myself I'll get round to it, but never do :tongue:

I have all my forms filled in but I can't find my Financial Notification form, which is of course annoying as the forms are just sitting there waiting to be sent off. :mad:
Original post by medbh4805
How does that work out? :p:

Going on Sundays or to Evensong, which is daily, going to meets with other undergrads and the Dean of Divinity, maybe to the debating things and activities. Not sure but there's no place of worship for me in Oxford, and tbh I'd feel more comfortable going to chapel than to a mosque.

Going on Sundays or to Evensong, which is daily, going to meets with other undergrads and the Dean of Divinity, maybe to the debating things and activities. Not sure but there's no place of worship for me in Oxford, and tbh I'd feel more comfortable going to chapel than to a mosque.

Really? Why? Is your branch of Islam very out of step with that of the mosques in Oxford? :beard:
Original post by KingMessi
I have all my forms filled in but I can't find my Financial Notification form, which is of course annoying as the forms are just sitting there waiting to be sent off. :mad:

That must be irritating, I know how you feel because I'm always losing letters :tongue: In my case it's just laziness though. Everything is in stamped envelopes, but I just haven't been bothered to post them yet :laugh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 398
Original post by confused dot com
Haha, in my case it's just laziness. Everything is in stamped envelopes, but I just haven't been bothered to post them yet :laugh:

I still have to find out information about my past vaccinations... :s-smilie:
Original post by medbh4805
Really? Why? Is your branch of Islam very out of step with that of the mosques in Oxford? :beard:

Mosques in general, I'm a Shia Nizari (aka Ismaili) so a rare species and I wouldn't have a clue what to do, never been to a mosque whereas I've been to church before through school and in Germany :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending