The Student Room Group

Oxford 2012 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey folks

Mansfield has lined up another interesting series of Friday evening (5pm) public lectures. They are free and everyone is welcome. Tomorrow's is 'Remarkable Women: Rosa Luxemburg and Marilyn Monroe' by Professor Jacqueline Rose.

http://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/fileadmin/Images/Images/Mansfield_Lecture_Series_MT_2012_Poster.pdf
Original post by AnimalSpirit
At Oxford we actually work :tongue:

Psssht, at Cambridge we know how to have fun. By posting on TSR, obviously :cool:

Original post by DCDude
Once a mother duckling always a mother duckling:yep:

That's me! :loveduck:
Original post by fluteflute
Well seeing as nobody has responded... I will make an executive decision.

Saturday 27th at 2pm on Christ Church Meadow

:party:

[If you can't make this and want to suggest an alternative time, say something]
Just wanted to remind everyone this is tomorrow!

I've never been to the meadow before, but I guess we'll congregate somewhere like what I've marked on the map...

It's gonna be coldish!

Just wanted to remind everyone this is tomorrow!

I've never been to the meadow before, but I guess we'll congregate somewhere like what I've marked on the map...

It's gonna be coldish!

You've been in Oxford for a month and never been to the meadow?! :eek:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
You've been in Oxford for a month and never been to the meadow?! :eek:
Yep :tongue:
Hi guys, I really misjudged how much work I would have to do today (translate the whole of iliad 16 from Greek to English :colonhash:), and since it's the college bop tonight I don't really think I can come this afternoon :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: (my plan to wake up really early and do work also failed :getmecoat:) I'm bitterly disappointed :frown: hope I can meet everyone at some other point :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1606
Original post by BJack
Every first year is assigned college parents who help them get into the swing of things / encourage them to drink too much in freshers' week. Generally, you'd have one college parent within your subject and one without, and you'll also have a college sibling from a different subject. So your college grandfather is the college father of one of your college parents.

That's beautiful, man.
Original post by medbh4805
Hi guys, I really misjudged how much work I would have to do today (translate the whole of iliad 16 from Greek to English :colonhash:), and since it's the college bop tonight I don't really think I can come this afternoon :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: (my plan to wake up really early and do work also failed :getmecoat:) I'm bitterly disappointed :frown: hope I can meet everyone at some other point :frown:
:frown: We’ll miss you

But am feeling very similar. No idea how to start writing this essay. :frown: But given how much work is getting done now, I don't think going out this afternoon will make much difference...
:frown: We’ll miss you

But am feeling very similar. No idea how to start writing this essay. :frown: But given how much work is getting done now, I don't think going out this afternoon will make much difference...

A warm room of study may begin looking good next to cold cold outside world :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Guys...Gráinne, Jess A and Nikita aren't coming, josh doesn't look likely to... Greg has lots of work, I'd be a little late anyway... Do we still want to do it? :smile:

Original post by such_a_lady
Guys...Gráinne, Jess A and Nikita aren't coming, josh doesn't look likely to... Greg has lots of work, I'd be a little late anyway... Do we still want to do it? :smile:

I'll come, I can make it work for me. I think we should still do it.
Original post by starkrush

We wouldn't have to stand in the cold though?
I'm happy come meet up with people, for a little bit.

I can't take the train I originally wanted to so whereabouts are you heading to?

It's all a bit confusing this. I'm inclined to say rearrange, I've got some things I need to do.

Original post by starkrush
Original post by whimsicality
We wouldn't have to stand in the cold though?
I'm happy come meet up with people, for a little bit.

It seems ashame to keep putting it off. I say go for it, though maybe make it fairly short, and intend to arrange another date before terms end.

We could just say "same time next weekend" but there could be people who aren't looking here before heading out... I don't want anyone to be going out into the cold and find nobody there!

I can't take the train I originally wanted to so whereabouts are you heading to?
How late are we talking?
(edited 11 years ago)
It seems ashame to keep putting it off. I say go for it, though maybe make it fairly short, and intend to arrange another date before terms end.

We could just say "same time next weekend" but there could be people who aren't looking here before heading out... I don't want anyone to be going out into the cold and find nobody there!

How late are we talking?

If I go direct to wherever you're heading, say St Aldates, then half an hour? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending