The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a Foundation year a104 2013

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I had a quick question that I hope you might be able to answer. Firsty, do we need any jabs/health checks for our course, and second does anybody know what a typical week is like- do we have to go 5 days a week or is it any less? I wasn't able to make it to the open day so I don't really know. Thanks for reading guys! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hopefulmed1
Hi guys, I had a quick question that I hope you might be able to answer. Firsty, do we need any jabs/health checks for our course, and second does anybody know what a typical week is like- do we have to go 5 days a week or is it any less? I wasn't able to make it to the open day so I don't really know. Thanks for reading guys! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read the email your offer came with. All the information is in there....

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was wondering if anyone knew a little more of what to expect during first year? Will it mainly be A Levels??
Original post by Basit770
i was wondering if anyone knew a little more of what to expect during first year? Will it mainly be A Levels??

Yes I think so. We do all the "a-level" stuff with all the other Foundation students for other courses, but I think after xmas we have more med related stuff.

There's more information here:
http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/mbbs-medicine-with-a-foundation-year#course-profile

Just click each module for more information.
(edited 10 years ago)
What were your A level results because I want to apply next year and would like to have an understanding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 666
Original post by Chewy29
I got three A's but as long as you met the offer... you're in

Posted from TSR Mobile

helloo! congrats!

what a-levels did you? Also i got ABC at AS and i know i ddt do as well because of issues but anyways do you think if i got predicted ABB in mainly art subjects would put me at an disadvantage because its not like i've got maths or biology etc?
Was wonderign if anyone could help. They want ABB for 2014 entry. I got CCC, narrowly missing out on BBB by few marks. So i reckon i will get BBB next year.

Will they consider me with those predicted grades?

I do have extenuating circumstances that hindered m ability to attain the grades i would normally get.

Thanks
Original post by legend786
Was wonderign if anyone could help. They want ABB for 2014 entry. I got CCC, narrowly missing out on BBB by few marks. So i reckon i will get BBB next year.

Will they consider me with those predicted grades?

I do have extenuating circumstances that hindered m ability to attain the grades i would normally get.

Thanks

I got in with BBB so definitely apply!
Original post by Siccatron

Was your years entry requirments BBB or ABB?
Reply 670

what were your predictions tough? and also like above, was bbb your entry requirement that year?
Original post by legend786
Was your years entry requirments BBB or ABB?

Original post by notsure
what were your predictions tough? and also like above, was bbb your entry requirement that year?

Was originally accepted onto the 5 year course but didn't meet the grade requirements :frown: so they put me on the foundation course :smile:
Got an email from them today, they wont look at students with BBB, the course is too competative. :frown:
Original post by Chewy29
Try as much as you can to get your predicted grades changed if you think you can achieve ABB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In all honesty i dont think i can get an A without retaking one module in Maths, however, i also want to apply to Nottingham and they only allow one retake which i already have done. So getting an A would mean i need 90% in all my last 3 modules which is going to be very hard considering i have a medical condition that already hinders my performance.
Original post by Chewy29
Well you can only do summer exams so by the time it comes to entering exams you will know where you have offers so if you get an offer from nottingham theres no need for resits, if you dont you can resit and increase your chance at other places. Just get the prediction of ABB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is very clever lol. Thanks for that.:smile:
Reply 675
Hi, I was just wondering what the people who got accepted to the 6year UEA course got for their UKCAT. Or anyone who has a good idea for that matter

I got 595 which sucks I know but my GCSEs are pretty okay. A*AAAAABBB(RE,Double Science, English Lang, Literature,Psychology,Geog,Maths and Biology) At AS I got ABCC (Psychology,Bio,Chem and Maths-which I am dropping). I was just wondering am I not good enough because of my UKCAT? I meet the eligibility criteria and will be predicted the grades required.
Hey did anyone from last year get an email saying their application was still being considered and later went on to get an offer??
Original post by Chewy29
UEA consider your application as a whole so if you feel you are a strong candidate in other areas you should apply. Your UKCAT will not rule you out. Good luck :smile:

Thanks man, I got in :smile:
Reply 678

Hey I was wondering what you did in your foundation year and if it's difficult to get into the second year? It says you need to achieve 75% but I'm not sure how tough that is for univeristy standard.. Thanks!!
Apologies to resurrect this old thread but i want to apply to UEA however the requirement is that your school must have 60% or less achieving A*-C at GCSE. In the year i took my GCSE's the percentage was 62% :frown: but in other years it was less than 60% e.g. 48%. So will they be a bit lenient on the percentage or not - or do they average out the percentages over the last years?

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending