The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethdunbabin
Kingston is a UNI I want to visit to look and the Sports Science courses you offer! I just got BBBC in my AS results will I still be able to apply or should I retake?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hello,

If your looking to apply for our 2013 course, details of entry requirements can be found here: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/sports-science-2013/entry-requirements.html

Thanks,

Shazia
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Di_mi_tris
When is the arrival and when the fresher's week start?

Hi, Freshers' Week takes place from Saturday 15 September to Sunday 23 September. For international students there is a welcome and orientation programme starting on Tuesday 11 September 2012. For more info go here: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/gettingready/freshers-week/

Hope that helps!

Shazia
Reply 62
I had my place confirmed at Kingston on Friday and applied for halls before the deadline and I've still not heard anything back from them, Kingston was my insurance could this be the reason why?
Original post by RachelSophia
Hi I will be living in Clayhill but my course is based at Richmond college [i think that's the name] It's the one just behind Kingston station and opposite a Sainsbury's
I know there are free buses that go from the accommodation to the campuses but will it also take me to this college? Or will i have to walk from the nearest campus after taking a bus?

Also i don't know when my enrolment is. I got an email about enrolment which was sent to all FADA students but it says it excludes my course 'Art and Design Foundation Degree' and that i will need to email the college to find out when and where it is. Well i've been waiting ages for their reply and haven't heard anything back. I don't want to miss enrolment, are you able to help me with this?

Hello,

You should receive an email from the enrolment team on 29th August which will specify the date, time and location of enrolment for your particular course.

There isn't a University bus service that will take you to that location. You can however, take the free bus service from the Clayhill campus to the Penrhyn road campus and walk from there.

Hope that helps!

Shazia
[QUOTE="University;39119956" Kingston="Kingston"]
Original post by RachelSophia
Hi I will be living in Clayhill but my course is based at Richmond college [i think that's the name] It's the one just behind Kingston station and opposite a Sainsbury's
I know there are free buses that go from the accommodation to the campuses but will it also take me to this college? Or will i have to walk from the nearest campus after taking a bus?

Also i don't know when my enrolment is. I got an email about enrolment which was sent to all FADA students but it says it excludes my course 'Art and Design Foundation Degree' and that i will need to email the college to find out when and where it is. Well i've been waiting ages for their reply and haven't heard anything back. I don't want to miss enrolment, are you able to help me with this?

Hello,

You should receive an email from the enrolment team on 29th August which will specify the date, time and location of enrolment for your particular course.

There isn't a University bus service that will take you to that location. You can however, take the free bus service from the Clayhill campus to the Penrhyn road campus and walk from there.

Hope that helps!

Shazia

ohh ok thankyou :smile:
Original post by DanLorenzo
Hey I was just wondering if, at this point, changing halls is pretty much impossible? My financial situation has changed and I could now (probably) afford a slight upgrade from where I've been placed (Kingston Bridge House).

Hello,

Unfortunately, you cannot change your halls of residence at this point. However, you can choose to look into private accommodation if you no longer want to stay at Kingston Bridge House.

Thanks,

Shazia
Original post by Riyan17
I had my place confirmed at Kingston on Friday and applied for halls before the deadline and I've still not heard anything back from them, Kingston was my insurance could this be the reason why?

Hi,

Our accommodation will be sending out an email for allocated rooms later this week. Keep a look out.

Thanks,

Shazia
Reply 67
Original post by Kingston University
Hi,

Our accommodation will be sending out an email for allocated rooms later this week. Keep a look out.

Thanks,

Shazia

So there a rooms still available? they've not been filled up yet?
thanks
Reply 68
Original post by Riyan17
thanks

I'd like to know this also. A mixup with UCAS has meant that I've got to be put on the system for the second time and they can't put my preferences into action until my clearing acceptance has come through on their end.
Original post by CJKay
I'd like to know this also. A mixup with UCAS has meant that I've got to be put on the system for the second time and they can't put my preferences into action until my clearing acceptance has come through on their end.

Original post by Riyan17
thanks

Please email our accommodation team at [email protected] and someone will be able to advise you on this. Alternatively, you can also find the team on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/KUAccommodation

Thanks,

Shazia
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 70
So does freshers week start on the 15th or 17th? :s-smilie: and when will we be receiving information we need before we start like timetables etc? Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
osis.kingston.ac.uk for timetables, they will appear after enrollment.
Original post by 19941994
So does freshers week start on the 15th or 17th? :s-smilie: and when will we be receiving information we need before we start like timetables etc? Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

Hello, Freshers' Week starts on the 15th September and ends on the 23rd September. For more information on Freshers' Week please visit http://www.kingston.ac.uk/gettingready/freshers-week/

You will receive your timetable after enrolment here: osis.kingston.ac.uk

Best wishes,

Shazia
Reply 73
Hi
How do i know the starting date of my course (pharmacology) b210 ?
Hello. I plan to study pharmacy in Kingston in 2013. But I would like to go through the foundation year. What are the entry requirements please. Thanks :smile:

Original post by ADAOBI123
Hello. I plan to study pharmacy in Kingston in 2013. But I would like to go through the foundation year. What are the entry requirements please. Thanks :smile:

Hello,

Our Pharmaceutical and Chemical Foundation course allows graduates who have attained the required results direct entry to Year 2 of the Master of Pharmacy programme. Entry requirements for this course is as follows:

Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent
Subjects:

A2 Chemistry and A2 in one other science.

General Studies not accepted.

AVCE: Science (double award).

BTEC National: appropriate subjects.

Plus GCSE: Minimum of five GCSE subjects grades A*–C to include English Language, Mathematics and Double Award Science.

More information can be can be found here: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/pharmaceutical-chemical-sciences-2013/entry-requirements.html

I hope that helps.

Shazia
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheDawn
Hi
How do i know the starting date of my course (pharmacology) b210 ?

Hello,

You will find your course starting date and timetable on OSIS (osis.kingston.ac.uk) after you enrol.

Best wishes,

Shazia
Reply 77
Hello,

You will find your course starting date and timetable on OSIS (osis.kingston.ac.uk) after you enrol.

Best wishes,

Shazia

Thanks for replying but how do i enrol ?i received my password and username but i can't seem to find the starting date for my course :confused: should i call the uni admission ?

:smile:
Hi, I was just wondering if the email I received recently titled 'URGENT - Kingston University - Complete "Your Fee Status" Task Now' is absolutely essential in order to completely confirm my place at Kingston University? At the moment I am waiting upon a priority remark from some of my A Level exam papers which, if they improve, I will present to my firm choice (as Kingston is my insurance). However, will filling in the details and everything on that email form a 'binding contract' so to speak, not allowing me to accept my firm should they reconsider? Thanks!
Reply 79
Congratulations, it's good to hear that you have achieved the required results for the course! We look forward to having you here at Kingston University.

Thanks,

Shazia

I have heard Kingston has a huge black contigent is this true?? Also is the area good around uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending