The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes University new student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
New student doing International Relations and Politics, looking forward to it, if not shi*ing myself a little :biggrin:...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 81
Original post by julie.m
I just got an email, im going to be in slade park... but it says for 'art and design foundation students' so maybe its for us?? (we start way earlier too.) hmm kinda weird..

I'm not a art and design foundation student, so I'm still waiting to find out my halls, I'm hoping to get Clive Booth ES :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by shnibbles
I'm Shannon, nice to meet you too :smile:
Which halls have you applied for ?

If it was en-suite, I applied for it! :biggrin: I've been told (by my mom, who's been checking the Brookes website nonstop) that we might be receiving our accommodation details tomorrow. :smile:

Reply 83
I applied to a couple en-suite ones. I got the Pip password today, but still says my acom hasn't been confirmed :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by williamrshore
Hia

I am also in Slade Park (a 4th year) - In C Block.

The group below is the Official Slade Park 2012-13 FB group . Join it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/409249809106197/

Do you know what block you are in ?

aah okok i just found out , im in B
Reply 85
Original post by Swls
I'm not a art and design foundation student, so I'm still waiting to find out my halls, I'm hoping to get Clive Booth ES :smile:

oh okay nice! =)
Reply 86
I applied to a couple en-suite ones. I got the Pip password today, but still says my acom hasn't been confirmed :frown:

Yep, I'm still waiting for it too :frown: which modules are you doing for English?

Reply 87
I'm only doing the ones that I have to I believe as I'm also doing Japanese ^_^
Reply 88
I'm only doing the ones that I have to I believe as I'm also doing Japanese ^_^

Aaaaah, I considered doing Japanese! Do you use Facebook? :biggrin: well, I'm sure I'll see you in the compulsory classes then! I can't believe how big the class sizes are though - my A2 history class had a maximum of 6 people at any time, but the smallest class in Brookes, for me, has 67 people! :O

Reply 89
Original post by xoquerida
Aaaaah, I considered doing Japanese! Do you use Facebook? :biggrin: well, I'm sure I'll see you in the compulsory classes then! I can't believe how big the class sizes are though - my A2 history class had a maximum of 6 people at any time, but the smallest class in Brookes, for me, has 67 people! :O

Haha that is quite big! Yeah I'm on FB, I'm Shannon Jackson on there, from Plymouth.
Reply 90
Hello!

I will be starting Publishing Media this September! Is anyone else? :biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by chateaux1
hello there! you're doing Art and Design!how fun is that :biggrin: :smile:

I'll be starting Interior Architecture this Sept, and I'm an international student. I love that Brookes has a lot of international students which is one of the factors that made me choose it as firm choice tbh. I don't have accommodation yet as the admissions took forever to send the code I needed for halls application so I'm doing it just now...

oh i see, well your course sounds great! where are you from? yep brookes seemed a good choice to me!
Reply 92
Hi there!

I am going to study my MA in European business cultures and languages and i'm 22 and an international student from the Netherlands. I've been abroad a couple of times, but everything is new again and i'm getting a bit nervous since the start of the semester is coming closer.

I was wondering if anyone could fill me in, whats freshers and when is it?(it sounds like a lot fun and something I should be part of) Is it also for postgraduates? Cause I got the feeling as postgraduate you have be much more serious, which i am not (yet?).

So I'd love to hear about freshers and if there are any other postgraduates feeling not too serious, contact me :smile:

I do not know about my accommodation yet, but guess it will fine. Let's just stay positive! :smile:
Original post by ElisabethF
Hi there!

I am going to study my MA in European business cultures and languages and i'm 22 and an international student from the Netherlands. I've been abroad a couple of times, but everything is new again and i'm getting a bit nervous since the start of the semester is coming closer.

I was wondering if anyone could fill me in, whats freshers and when is it?(it sounds like a lot fun and something I should be part of) Is it also for postgraduates? Cause I got the feeling as postgraduate you have be much more serious, which i am not (yet?).

So I'd love to hear about freshers and if there are any other postgraduates feeling not too serious, contact me :smile:

I do not know about my accommodation yet, but guess it will fine. Let's just stay positive! :smile:

Freshers Week is 15th - 23rd sept.

its basically lots of activities designed to get new students into the swing of things and includes a fair where theres societies for you to sign up at and companies giving out free things and usually dominos pizza are giving out food

any questions just ask
Original post by Evelyn1994
Hello!

Hi! I'm going to be doing English and Publishing!! :biggrin: Exciting!!
Are you going to be living in halls? :smile:
Reply 95
Hey, Im doing BA construction project management ? is anyone else? :smile:
Reply 96
Congratulations everyone :smile:
I'll be taking computing foundation can't wait :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Desire HD
Reply 97
Original post by Anna.Khanzadi
Hi! I'm going to be doing English and Publishing!! :biggrin: Exciting!!
Are you going to be living in halls? :smile:

Yay!! Yeah hopefully, haven't heard from Brooke's yet about accommodation :s Have you?
Yay!! Yeah hopefully, haven't heard from Brooke's yet about accommodation :s Have you?

Nope, I haven't either yet! Think it's the 31st that they're trying to get back to everyone by :smile: Still, I'm trying to get everything together so I'll be ready to move out xD Do you use facebook, btw? Would make it a bit easier :colondollar:
I'm Anna 'DracoMalfoy' Khanzadi :colone:
Hi everyone! I'm Amy and I'm a farrrmer from Devon (hence the username :redface:)
I'm staying in Paul Kent (no idea what block yet) but I'm absolutely terrified of going to uni in general, because I don't know ANYONE at OB.

Hello!

I am :smile: Come and say hello on our induction day/first lesson or whatever, I'll be the shy one with blue eyes and long brown hair, and a nervous expression!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending