The Student Room Group

Desperate

Hi, I haven't done so well in my AS exams, achieving DDD and I'm determined to got to Uni's with aab and abb, because I'm confident i can do it. I plan on resitting in January and getting the A's which I know would not be easy but I'm totally up for. Am I aiming to high? Would the universities even consider me? I have amazing work experience as well which hopefully shows my dedication to my course. Also do universities accept/reject you before or after they see your AS grades? :frown:
Original post by Celina2
Hi, I haven't done so well in my AS exams, achieving DDD and I'm determined to got to Uni's with aab and abb, because I'm confident i can do it. I plan on resitting in January and getting the A's which I know would not be easy but I'm totally up for. Am I aiming to high? Would the universities even consider me? I have amazing work experience as well which hopefully shows my dedication to my course. Also do universities accept/reject you before or after they see your AS grades? :frown:

Whether you're aiming high depends on you - were there reasons why you got Ds this year or was this expected? Can you get your teachers' backing to predict you As and Bs? As you'll need to get your teachers to say in the reference why they are predicting you such high grades.

Universities can see your AS grades in full on your UCAS application (unless you go to a small amount of independent schools who do not certify AS grades) and they will look at your entire UCAS application before making a decision on whether to give you an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest