The Student Room Group

How likely is it that I will find a desperate company hiring for business admin

Apprentices in the next week?

(So desperate meaning during the interview the employer does most of the talking and the apprentice does less talking and the interview tends to be online). I had 2 offers this year from desperate companies, one of them was in a dangerous location and the other one I was tricked into thinking it was one location but they want me to go to the second site as the original site wasn't built
Within a week? Practically zero.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Within a week? Practically zero.

It's because I have a phone appointment with the job centre on Friday but I can tell them I had an online interview recently (not a desperate company and I won't tell them anything about desperate companies), I did all of the talking in that online interview and it was good for a first interview that I haven't had in ages. There is also some travelling involved like going to the city so it would be good if I don't get it, but the point is, I can tell job centre I have had an interview since my last job so they can't sanction me.
Original post by Anony345533
It's because I have a phone appointment with the job centre on Friday but I can tell them I had an online interview recently (not a desperate company and I won't tell them anything about desperate companies), I did all of the talking in that online interview and it was good for a first interview that I haven't had in ages. There is also some travelling involved like going to the city so it would be good if I don't get it, but the point is, I can tell job centre I have had an interview since my last job so they can't sanction me.

If you’ve had an interview you can tell them you’ve been interviewed, yes.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
If you’ve had an interview you can tell them you’ve been interviewed, yes.

I was just wondering whether I could switch employers, as in I applied for an apprenticeship with the same training provider and different employer. I am sure the training provider still has my details, would I be able to speak with them and switch employers or do I need to start from the beginning and go for the interview?
Original post by Anony345533
I was just wondering whether I could switch employers, as in I applied for an apprenticeship with the same training provider and different employer. I am sure the training provider still has my details, would I be able to speak with them and switch employers or do I need to start from the beginning and go for the interview?

I don't have the foggiest about this I'm afraid, I am not involved in processional recruitment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending