The Student Room Group

No response on UCAS track.

I didnt meet my offers, so I'm basically waiting for them to reject me. If I dont hear from them tomorrow can I just withdraw my Ucas application as I'm still at the "You have accepted an offer" stage, I can see the withrdaw application option. Will I still be able to get into clearing? I already have an offer and I have until the 21st to accept it.
Reply 1
It'd be best to wait and see what the universities do before withdrawing your application - sometimes, unis will accept you even if you don't meet your offer, so don't do anything rash!
Reply 2
Phone the unis! The 21st is really close and I only worry that they have told other people the same date and so places for your course might be filling fast
Reply 3
I have they told me to send them my results via email as well which I did though I dont know why since I cashed in my grades on results day. I know it maybe be unreasable to expect a fast response but I dont want to miss out on my clearing place just because theres a small chance I might get into my firm and insurance.
Original post by ironman92
I have they told me to send them my results via email as well which I did though I dont know why since I cashed in my grades on results day. I know it maybe be unreasable to expect a fast response but I dont want to miss out on my clearing place just because theres a small chance I might get into my firm and insurance.

They will want to see how close you were to the boundary, since they only get grades, not marks. Get onto the phone as soon as they open. It's been a long time and they're being a bit naughty.
Reply 5
So the only way for me to accept my clearing offer is if my firm and insurance both make a decision before the 21st? Thats the main question i wanted answered, but I will take your advice and call them again tomorrow.
So the only way for me to accept my clearing offer is if my firm and insurance both make a decision before the 21st? Thats the main question i wanted answered, but I will take your advice and call them again tomorrow.

You have to actually be in clearing in order to accept a clearing offer and until your two offers have declined you (if they're going to, that is,) then you aren't in clearing. Call Ucas. They have the power to put the squeeze on universities a bit.
Reply 7
Original post by carnationlilyrose
You have to actually be in clearing in order to accept a clearing offer and until your two offers have declined you (if they're going to, that is,) then you aren't in clearing. Call Ucas. They have the power to put the squeeze on universities a bit.

Ok thanks you've been really helpful.
Ok thanks you've been really helpful.

No prob. It's my job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending