The Student Room Group

I don't like alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

I hate beer. I can't see why people like it. Personally it taste vile but I have friends who love it and drink it like it's sacred.
I'm not a massive fan of the taste of alcohol. I don't like red wine or white but I'll drink a few sips from time to time. I'll do shots if I'm out with friends but I love cocktails. especially Mai Tais and Purple Rain. Some cocktails don't taste much of alcohol (but still get you drunk)
Reply 21
Original post by jcholzz
Kind of weird question but i've tried red wine, champagne, and pimms and I didn't like it at all. Especially the champagne. The pimms was ok, but that was because it had lemonade in. Is this normal...will i eventually get used to the taste? I'm not worried or anything about not liking alcohol, i'm just wondering if i'll eventually start to like it.

Most new flavours take a bit of getting used to. Kids aren't born with a taste for fillet steak and truffles and real ale, these are all tastes you need to acquire.

You've not exactly tried much. I drank beer and wine and cider for a couple of years before I noticed I was actually starting to really enjoy the taste of its own accord.

Quick Reply

Latest