Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

Hey, mine is [mod note: please don't post your address online] :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hey, I do not know if you have already did the prepayment but I've had a (well I do not know if it is one) bug once I paid. It returned to the page to log in but I received an email confirmation of payment. And the status of my offer has not changed in my account ... Anyway, I want to know if this is normal.

Thank you ...
Original post by Matzoux
Hey, I do not know if you have already did the prepayment but I've had a (well I do not know if it is one) bug once I paid. It returned to the page to log in but I received an email confirmation of payment. And the status of my offer has not changed in my account ... Anyway, I want to know if this is normal.

Thank you ...

My payment finally went thorough. I received an email with confirmation and also the status of my offer changed on the accommodation website. I think you should mail them and sort it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sidharthb
Oh great I'm studying management at MBS. I'll get back to you if I get any more information on Canterbury court! :smile:

I'm studying IBFE too! Where's your accomodation based?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poppymorch
I'm studying IBFE too! Where's your accomodation based?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to be living at Canterbury court! Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
Welcome to the north :biggrin:

About a 2 minute walk to the southern edge of campus, though the campus is fairly large and so you'll need to leave more time depending on which building you're going to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do we buy them before we get there or when we get there?
Hey how do people usually get from the train station to their accomodation?
Original post by sidharthb
I'm going to be living at Canterbury court! Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh sounds good! Is that city campus? Hoping for oak house, fallowfield but my offer is conditional so won't get accomodation offer until august!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive only just applied for accomodation, i went for sheavyn, burkhardt and richmond, all high demand. what are the chances of getting any of them? also i have an unconditional offer.
Got my unconditional offer for Architecture BA Hons..and also my accommodation for Whitworth Park in City Campus: AB.01.17.135

Anyone else?
Original post by Walduck
Hi,
I've got an offer from Whitworth park which is neither of my choices.
could anyone tell me how Garstang house is like? I heard it's refurbished this year. Is it true?

Got Whitworth Park as well and I didn't choose it! Don't like the idea of shared bathrooms lol
Original post by SusieShire
Just accepted an offer for Whitworth Park, Burleigh House. Very happy as it was my first choice :biggrin:

Got Whitworth as well but Abeerdeen :biggrin: I got a question...the £400 deposit will be paid by student finance right? Or do we have to scoop our pockets and summon some £400 lol
Original post by GizmoGecko
I've got an unconditional for Architecture this September at Manchester/ManMet, but I don't know which university website I'm supposed to use for booking my accommodation. Looking at the Architecture degree page on the Manchester website, it says to book accommodation through The University of Manchester, but I don't think I've received a 7-digit ID code from them in any emails they've sent me.

I did however receive an 8-digit ID code from Manchester Metropolitan for my ID Card, but I'm still confused. Do I just wait for an email from Manchester with the 7-digit code in?

Got unconditional for Architecture BA Hons as well :smile:
Original post by ofuoko
Got Whitworth Park as well and I didn't choose it! Don't like the idea of shared bathrooms lol

I got Garstang. Found out its actually quite good.
are you still taking up the offer?
Original post by kenwyne-jones
Ive only just applied for accomodation, i went for sheavyn, burkhardt and richmond, all high demand. what are the chances of getting any of them? also i have an unconditional offer.

Update: just got oak house, not too sure how I feel about it, I don't really fancy going out pretty much every night :/
Original post by ofuoko
Got Whitworth as well but Abeerdeen :biggrin: I got a question...the £400 deposit will be paid by student finance right? Or do we have to scoop our pockets and summon some £400 lol

Awesome, maybe I'll see you around! :biggrin: I don't know if it can be paid by student finance now, I presumed we had to pay ourselves? I already paid for it out of my own savings... maybe you should phone and ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3136
Confirmed my offer for Sheavyn - Block O - anyone on here near me?
Original post by Walduck
I got Garstang. Found out its actually quite good.
are you still taking up the offer?

Yeah, I CBA to go through the hassle of changing so I will just accept it..I hope it is nice there! I got Aberdeen, Floor 1, Flat 17, Room is secret :wink:
Original post by SusieShire
Awesome, maybe I'll see you around! :biggrin: I don't know if it can be paid by student finance now, I presumed we had to pay ourselves? I already paid for it out of my own savings... maybe you should phone and ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks I will do that :biggrin:
Pre-arrival induction bugs, and you ? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending