The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123BeN321
Denmark Road or Weston Hall? for history

They are both very popular places in high demand.

Weston Hall

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/search/details/?property=53

Denmark Road

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/search/details/?property=39

Denmark Road is more expensive and more popular of the two. However, Weston Hall does not have Wifi services, which would make life harder for you, if you want to work away from your room’s internet socket.

Read about both places, but please look for alternative halls like Dalton Ellis, Hulme Hall or St. Anselm to avoid disappointment, just in case you don't get them.

All the best.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hi guys,

I'm a University of Manchester student and I'm renting out a room in Bramall Court, Cannon Street for the rest of this year cos I'm moving in with family. IT's £88pw BILLS INCLUDED!

Please find details below if you're interested. 1 bedroom in a 3 bed flat in Bramall Court, Cannon Street Females Standard Room offers good living space, desk and chair, wardrobe with shelves, wall mounted bookcase, curtains/blinds, pin board, security lock, single bed with mattress and carpet flooring.

Bramall Court is a bright student accommodation block just a 10 minute walk from the lively city centre of Manchester. Water, electricity and Wi-Fi is all included in your rent and the residence also includes communal facilities such as a social lounge, communal kitchen and laundry room. Bramall Court also includes 24-hour security and free parking permits for residents.

SEE PICTURES BELOW!
https://www.gumtree.com/p/property-to-share/single-room-to-rent-in-student-accommodation-88pw-bills-included/1288773282

Please email me on [email protected] if interested (or if you know anyone who is)
Original post by 123BeN321
Denmark Road or Weston Hall? for history

I picked George Kenyon Hall as my first choice because it is right on campus.

I’ve also read recent reviews about Denmark Hall that cite the walls being too thin (thus creating noise problems), and one review even stating problems with water making showers difficult and that maintenance not being prompt.

See here: https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1004037-s1044511-denmark-road-the_university_of_manchester-manchester

Denmark Hall is thus my second choice, behind George Kenyon....
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm a transfer student so I'm entering into second year in September. I've never studied anything at Manchester before but I have studied elsewhere. Does this mean I won't be guaranteed accommodation?
Original post by nth8998
I'm a transfer student so I'm entering into second year in September. I've never studied anything at Manchester before but I have studied elsewhere. Does this mean I won't be guaranteed accommodation?

Contact accommodation office. There may be a different housing policy for transfer students.
Anyone on here in ashburne hall or knows more details about it? I think it looks really nice with spacious rooms but it used to be all girls and was just wondering if it is mixed now for undergraduates?
Original post by Dan Milik
Anyone on here in ashburne hall or knows more details about it? I think it looks really nice with spacious rooms but it used to be all girls and was just wondering if it is mixed now for undergraduates?

Contact the accommodation office to find out.
hey, does anyone know if I have to go to the accommodation office on the first day when I arrive? or do I go directly to the hall?
Original post by BakeBacon
hey, does anyone know if I have to go to the accommodation office on the first day when I arrive? or do I go directly to the hall?

You will go to the accommodation that you have been provided. Most halls of residence has a reception office where you can meet and collect your room keys.

You will probably never need to go directly to the central university accommodation unless there is a major need to do so, e.g. paying your rent in person.
Original post by Wired_1800
You will go to the accommodation that you have been provided. Most halls of residence has a reception office where you can meet and collect your room keys.

You will probably never need to go directly to the central university accommodation unless there is a major need to do so, e.g. paying your rent in person.

aite got it thanks a lot :smile:
Has anything changed about the halls? Is the Oak House and Ovens Park are still the most social dorms?
Original post by dksak12
Has anything changed about the halls? Is the Oak House and Ovens Park are still the most social dorms?

Nothing major has changed.
I've submitted my application for accommodation but I was not asked to make a deposit yet it says that my application has been submitted, is this normal?
Original post by Bea2401
I've submitted my application for accommodation but I was not asked to make a deposit yet it says that my application has been submitted, is this normal?

You make a deposit when you have been offered an accommodation, so don't worry. Just make sure you have successfully submitted your application.
Which halls EU/UK students tend to choose the most?
Original post by dksak12
Which halls EU/UK students tend to choose the most?

Halls in Fallowfield. Those are the “party” halls.
Hey, what is wrong with Manchester accomodation? The other universities I applied for (especially Bristol) had a ton of info. Videos, photos, info sheets with number of students, virtual tours, etc. Manchester has very vague information and half of the photos are taken by students. Some of the Victoria PArk halls are especially bad.
Original post by Isaac Caletrio
Hey, what is wrong with Manchester accomodation? The other universities I applied for (especially Bristol) had a ton of info. Videos, photos, info sheets with number of students, virtual tours, etc. Manchester has very vague information and half of the photos are taken by students. Some of the Victoria PArk halls are especially bad.

True, but it is a very large university. It cannot be perfect. Maybe you send in a suggestion to the accom office.
Hi, does anyone have any more pictures of liberty park please? Also is there a big difference between classic and premium rooms? Thanks.
Original post by Imogen1208
Hi, does anyone have any more pictures of liberty park please? Also is there a big difference between classic and premium rooms? Thanks.

Probably not. Maybe you can find something on Google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=liberty+park+manchester&client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjx-b_ytavaAhVrK8AKHd_1An0Q_AUIEigC&biw=414&bih=622

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending