The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I got allocated to an accommodation in Salford😅 didn’t even know it’s owned by UoM, is there anyone at all who lives there or knows how viable it is to commute from there

There is accommodation in Salford as the uni needs more rooms.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Who wants bus passes £180 for 2 years. Xxx
Original post by Anonymous #13
I got allocated to an accommodation in Salford😅 didn’t even know it’s owned by UoM, is there anyone at all who lives there or knows how viable it is to commute from there

That’s terrible! As someone who has hospital placement in Salford it’s pretty far from the uni and quite ridiculous
Congratulations on getting an offer at the University of Manchester! As a current management student , I am really enjoying my time here - feel free to DM me if you have any questions about halls

Going into uni, you may be looking for a new mobile network! VOXI is a shout!
VOXI is the mobile network with Unlimited Social Media from just £10/ month - here you can get unlimited flexibility, 5Gdataand exclusive monthly offers, rewards and prices. (£10 for 30GB!)

As a VOXI campus ambassador, I can help you get the 1st month free and £20 reward in either Paypal, Just Eat or Amazon. Send me a DM to get your exclusive discount code! JOIN HERE
UOM ROOM SWAP 2024-2025

Looking for anyone interested in staying in fallowfield OAK HOUSE in exchange for Hulme Hall in VICTORIA for the academic year 24/25!!

If anyone is interested in staying somehwere with crazy social night life and high energy vibes, Oak House is the place (dw, not as bad as online says it was refurbished last summer it rlly isnt as bad as they say online anymore) Loads of ppl I know who dreaded oak house ended up really liking the place since its also 4 minutes away from the bus stop.

Please LMK if anyone who got offered BURKHARDT or HULME would like to swap rooms! You'd have to be an undergrad girl to do so!
(edited 1 month ago)
Can anyone give me a bit more information on Burkhardt House and Canterbury Court in Victoria park since I can't find a lot on them? Are they really that bad in terms of socializing?
Original post by NiaD14
Can anyone give me a bit more information on Burkhardt House and Canterbury Court in Victoria park since I can't find a lot on them? Are they really that bad in terms of socializing?

Not really. There is a general bias towards fallowfield but there are other social areas including Victoria Park.
Original post by Wired_1800
Not really. There is a general bias towards fallowfield but there are other social areas including Victoria Park.

Great, thank u
Hi, does anyone know how much fridge space you get in Oak House? Thanks
Original post by Car44
Hi, does anyone know how much fridge space you get in Oak House? Thanks

this would be difficult to answer as it is too specific. Generally fridge space tends to be one shelf per student. Sometimes you can get more space if others dont really use it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending