The Student Room Group

English Literature Unit 1H AQA paper.

Have any of you lot done this paper? I remember at the time thinking it was really difficult and my teacher said they were going to complain to the exam board at the questions posed. Just seen the grade boundaries and they are so low, it just shows how bad the paper was!
A*- 43/60
A- 35/60
B- 27/60
C- 19/60
Reply 1
Original post by Jackass.
Have any of you lot done this paper? I remember at the time thinking it was really difficult and my teacher said they were going to complain to the exam board at the questions posed. Just seen the grade boundaries and they are so low, it just shows how bad the paper was!
A*- 43/60
A- 35/60
B- 27/60
C- 19/60

The boundary for a C is higher than it has been for previous years.
Reply 2
Original post by Jackass.
A*- 43/60
A- 35/60
B- 27/60
C- 19/60

The poetry exam is even lower (23/54 for a B)
Is this the exam with of mice and men and the poetry exam clusters were relationships etc? I agree, the poetry exam was hard!
I found the poetry much easier!
Reply 5
Original post by mgd108
The boundary for a C is higher than it has been for previous years.

Wow, do they always give out poor papers then?
For those on about the poetry exam, are you referring to the 'moon on the tides' booklet with poems?
Reply 6
I'm confused... is this the exam that included a poetry section and a novel section (for me the poem was War Photographer and the novel was Animal farm) :/
Reply 7
Original post by CurlyC
I'm confused... is this the exam that included a poetry section and a novel section (for me the poem was War Photographer and the novel was Animal farm) :/

I think that Unit 1H was the exam paper with two questions on your chosen novel (you only answered one) and an extract of another novel you had studied.

Unit 2H (I believe) is the poetry exam, where you got a named poem you had to compare with another and an unseen poem.
Reply 8
The exam i'm on about @CurlyC is where you were given a novel and a play to study. For example i was given An Inspector Calls and To Kill a Mockingbird.
Oh my gawsh, hope I did well in this! I did pretty bad in the mocks - got 32/60 which was a C and I pretty much went the wrong way about answering the questions but I did it totally different in the test, tried my best so fingers crossed!

But, I think the grade boundaries are low, especially if it's 30 for each section!
Reply 10
Is this the one where it was a question on like tension in TWIB or something along those lines and Curley's Wife and Women at that Era?
Reply 11
I actually thought this was a very good paper! Could you ask for better than curly's wife in of mice and men? Although, we did short stories and I hated them all, so I wrote about the one I hated least, but not well, because, to be fair because I hated the stories, I had only read them once or maybe twice...

Romeo and Juliet was a disaster though
Reply 12
I didn't use many quotes but I wrote well. How many marks will I lose for lack of quotes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending