Scroll to see replies

Original post by Orinincandenza
Score ?

26 :smile:
Original post by AspiringGenius
Peole are getting interviews :zomg: *checks inbox repeatedly*

I know. ahhhhhhhh cardiff... come on.
Original post by aspiring_medic
I got an interview on the 16th!! :biggrin: I really wish that they would give us more notice than a week though...

Well done! You must have been chuffed.

Oh my god same! :eek: *checks inbox again*

Congrats, i'm on 25 so will probs have to wait a while :frown:
Original post by Examcram
My score is 24 as well. I know what you mean, everyone on here is making me feel so worried as well but to be honest I just CANNOT believe they would disregard someone with 6A*s and 6As! It just seems so unfair, at the visit day i went to, the presentation only said you must have 4-5A*s at GCSE. I go to a state school with only a 56% 5+ A* -C including English and Maths rate and I was in the top 4 of all the 180 students in my year and my grades were totally off my own back, it just seems ridiculous that this achievement could be disregard.

Im not saying that I definitely deserve an interview, Im just saying that its unfair to be disregarded for getting 6 instead of 7/8 A*s

I think they take your school into consideration and contextualise applicants by flagging them. :smile: Nothing to worry.
Oh my god same! :eek: *checks inbox again*

Same for me too....can t keep up this level of checking until March!!:eek:
Lol I just got 12 emails from UCAS. I nearly pooped wi excitement but I realised I must have accidentally quadruple clicked "forgotten login details". :lol:
Original post by frogs r everywhere
I know. ahhhhhhhh cardiff... come on.

Well done! You must have been chuffed.

Yeah :smile: just very very nervous... I'm quite worried though, cause they ask for 3 pieces of ID, and I only have a birth certificate and national insurance card normally, and I've sent those off to get a provisional license for an interview at birmingham :s-smilie: so I don't actually have any of the ID they're asking for cause I've sent it off. So I'm going to have to phone them tomorrow...
Original post by Orinincandenza
Congrats, i'm on 25 so will probs have to wait a while :frown:

I don't think that it would make a difference, as long as you met the cut off. I think whether you get an early interview just depends on who looks at the personal statement :smile:
Original post by Examcram
My score is 24 as well. I know what you mean, everyone on here is making me feel so worried as well but to be honest I just CANNOT believe they would disregard someone with 6A*s and 6As! It just seems so unfair, at the visit day i went to, the presentation only said you must have 4-5A*s at GCSE. I go to a state school with only a 56% 5+ A* -C including English and Maths rate and I was in the top 4 of all the 180 students in my year and my grades were totally off my own back, it just seems ridiculous that this achievement could be disregard.

Im not saying that I definitely deserve an interview, Im just saying that its unfair to be disregarded for getting 6 instead of 7/8 A*s

Don't worry they flag schools like yours. I know my school is on record as flagged for every medical school LOL. Mine was like 40% A*-C including English and maths (and that included BTEC subjects) and I got the best out of 260. We had like 10 teenage pregnancies, 25 people permanently excluded, an offsite learning centre for problem students etc c. Gotta love it :biggrin:
Reply 390
I think they take your school into consideration and contextualise applicants by flagging them. :smile: Nothing to worry.

Don't worry they flag schools like yours. I know my school is on record as flagged for every medical school LOL. Mine was like 40% A*-C including English and maths (and that included BTEC subjects) and I got the best out of 260. We had like 10 teenage pregnancies, 25 people permanently excluded, an offsite learning centre for problem students etc c. Gotta love it :biggrin:

Well i hope so :smile:
Reply 391
Hi, I have an interview at Cardiff on the 14th November (woo!) I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of the questions they ask you? (like specific things Cardiff asks you) and my friend said that it's looking good for me because my interview is really early, is this true? I'd like it to be but I don't think she's right :') thanks! Oh and well done to everyone that has interviews! :biggrin:
These interviews are making me very nervous *checks e-mail again*

Original post by lilyjay
Hi, I have an interview at Cardiff on the 14th November (woo!) I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of the questions they ask you? (like specific things Cardiff asks you) and my friend said that it's looking good for me because my interview is really early, is this true? I'd like it to be but I don't think she's right :') thanks! Oh and well done to everyone that has interviews! :biggrin:

Cardiff has a reputation of being interview "friendly", so questions such as "Why medicine?", "why cardiff?", "Roles of a good doctor, strengths and weakness" etc. You'll be fine if you do a reasonable amount of preparation. But this is just according to what I have heared on here. :smile:
Things are looking good for you, but not because of your mega-early interview. (congratulations by the way) According to several users on here, if you met the GCSE cut-off, the date of your interview does not relate to the quality of your application. Interview invitations are somewhat randomised. :biggrin:
Reply 393
These interviews are making me very nervous *checks e-mail again*

Cardiff has a reputation of being interview "friendly", so questions such as "Why medicine?", "why cardiff?", "Roles of a good doctor, strengths and weakness" etc. You'll be fine if you do a reasonable amount of preparation. But this is just according to what I have heared on here. :smile:
Things are looking good for you, but not because of your mega-early interview. (congratulations by the way) According to several users on here, if you met the GCSE cut-off, the date of your interview does not relate to the quality of your application. Interview invitations are somewhat randomised. :biggrin:

Thank you! Those questions sound pretty normal phew :smile: haha yea that sounds about right, fair enough, thanks again :biggrin:
Reply 394

Original post by lilyjay
Thank you! Those questions sound pretty normal phew :smile: haha yea that sounds about right, fair enough, thanks again :biggrin:

Hey well done on your interview! Can I just ask, when did you get your email inviting you to come?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lala12
Hey well done on your interview! Can I just ask, when did you get your email inviting you to come?

I got mine this evening :smile:
Original post by lilyjay

Hey congrats, you got a score of 26 i guess ? :smile:
Reply 397
Looks like 26 is the cutoff, then. :frown:
C'est la vie.
Original post by Tolstoy
C'est la vie.

Is that equivalent to 8a*? Sorry, I've forgotten how it worked, been a while since I've looked :smile:
Original post by Tolstoy
C'est la vie.

Seriously dont worry - I got 7A* and didn't get interview notice till 1st of Feb from Cardiff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending