The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You grow until you're 18-21 ish. I'm 19 and 5'5 so I'd say you're lucky!
Reply 2
You are probably a crack baby.
GENETICS.

Don't worry about it. I know a guy who will turn 17 fairly soon and he's 5"1.

I think you will continue growing - no one knows for sure it depends on the individual really. But boys tend to continue growing later than girls (most girls stop at 16 but again that depends on the individual).
Lots of guys have growth spurts in their late teens I believe. You might grow some more in a few years. You definitely haven't got to the point where you need to give up hope. :smile:
Reply 5
I feel yo pain.
Reply 6
Original post by Plasticine
I'm a 16 year old guy and 5 foot 5. I eat healthily and I play sports. I drink alcohol but I've never smoked or taken drugs. I had a big growth spurt last year; when I was 15 I was 5 foot 1, but I've been 5 foot 5 since this March. Does this mean I'm done growing?

no it doesn't. you'll probably have another growth spurt soon. one question do you lift weights?
If it helps, a lot of my (female) friends are short. I'm pretty tall for a girl at 5"10 and the tallest female friend I've had was 5"7/8. A lot of my friends are under 5"5. A lot are 5"2, 5"3 and 5"4. Some 5"0. I live in Wales btw.
I'm a 16 year old guy and 5 foot 5. I eat healthily and I play sports. I drink alcohol but I've never smoked or taken drugs. I had a big growth spurt last year; when I was 15 I was 5 foot 1, but I've been 5 foot 5 since this March. Does this mean I'm done growing?

If it's a consolation a guy i went out with is now 19 and only 5 foot 6. Hopefully you'll continue growing but if not, don't worry you're not the only one :yep:
You continue growing, don't worry too much - you're only 16.
Reply 10
Original post by Dan12
no it doesn't. you'll probably have another growth spurt soon. one question do you lift weights?

No I don't lift weights; I heard that stunts growth. What do you think my adult height will be?
Reply 11
I'm 18 and 5'1"

-_-
Reply 12

By Dutch standards yes.

But apparently in North Vietnam this is the average male height.
when I was 16 I was quite short and then I basically grew a head higher really quickly :wink: I'm just under 6ft now

EDIT:Is someone jealous of my growth spurt or something because I cannot see why I would get negged :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't worry too much you still have time left. They say most guys stop growing when they get into their late teens and for some early 20s.
But just continue to exercise, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep. Then just let nature take its course as it is mostly down to genetics.

Hope that helps :smile:
No I don't lift weights; I heard that stunts growth. What do you think my adult height will be?

If you have a record of your height at two years and nine months, most males are half their adult height at that age, so you can work it out. Males also don't stop growing in many cases until they are 23, a doctor once told me, so don't give up yet.
Reply 16

It could be anything from 5 foot 7 to probably 6 foot that's a rough guess. I can't see you being shorter that 5 foot 8-9 though
Reply 17
I sure hope I have another growth spurt. I'm 18 and starting to wonder if i'll ever grow!
Reply 18

what is your diet like?
Reply 19
I was 5'1 until I was 16, and then I grew to 5'10 in about 10 weeks! My Dad never grew from that height to his diminutive 5'7 until he was 17 so there is still plenty of time.

It's worth noting thought that if your parents are quite small, you will likely be too.

Latest