The Student Room Group

A little help working her out please!?

I have worked with this girl for the last two years. From the day she started we have been very close which is why when she told me she was leaving, to pursue another type of career, I was extremely disappointed. Before she left we both went to a music festival (Not together - Me with my friends and her with her friends) and agreed we would meet up. To my surprise she spent to whole day with us, literally clinging to me. A great day ended with her falling asleep resting against me. I missed her last day at work but when I returned I realised I'd received a personal email (more of an essay) from her. In the email she stated that although she had hated her job, she felt that I had made the chore of coming to work bearable. She stated that she was so glad to have met me and even went on to invite herself on a road trip I was taking with the guys. She ended the email with "I love you and will be seeing you soon xxxxx".

Fast forward two weeks and numerous text messages later I get an email from a colleague at work (and this girls best friend) enquiring about the road trip and telling me to stay in touch so we can sort it out, as they were looking forward to it. Following this I text "the girl" only to receive nothing...I could take rejection but the fact that she didn't bother to do that was a bit of an annoyance. Especially due to the fact that she had invited herself on this trip on more that one occasion. But, I let it pass and eventually so did the road trip.

Another week passed and I was concerned that I'd done something to upset her as we hadn't spoken in a while. Then to my surprise I noticed that she had set a picture of the two of us as her profile photo on Facebook. On the same night I received a text from her out of the blue asking how I was and whether I was up to anything. We chatted for about an hour...it was nice but I was confused. Does she want to talk or doesn't she? Is she not interested or am I being completely blind to the situation. Usually it wouldn't bother me but I really care for this girl and I can't stop thinking about her. I never thought I would miss someone who I worked with but the place just isn't the same.

Any advice would be a great help. Thanks
Reply 1
How far away does she work/live now?

You could mention to her about the road trip and ask why she didn't want to go in the end (but in a light hearted/joking way)
Reply 2
Not far at all... I don't want to come across as being desperate though or trying to force the issue.
Original post by mot001
Not far at all... I don't want to come across as being desperate though or trying to force the issue.

Yea don't ask about the road trip its a smart move

instead maybe give her a call this time with the intention of asking her out just the 2 of you for a meal or drinks and see how it goes

because from what you said seems like she likes you and i think you should make your move already
Reply 4
She said she loves you, which usually means something once you're over the age of 16 :P

Make a bit more of an effort for a week or so, maybe she didn't get your other text? If nothing improves then at least you won't be wondering 'what if...'
Reply 5
I just don't want to shock her if the feelings are not mutual. I hope they are...it seems as though the are, but I know that if they're not then that would be the end of our relationship and I really don't want that to happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending