The Student Room Group

2013 Pharmacy applicants :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paracetamolpharm
Okay so what degree do you want to go for in future ? :smile:

If you want to know more about whether there is Chemistry in Pharmacy why don't you contact such people as in friends/relatives who are actually studying Pharmacy. :smile:

Medicine is my first choice as it incorporates the things i enjoy studying mostly
And i don't know anyone in my family who does pharmacy, I have a cousin who does pharmacology ? haha
Reply 41
Hey guys,

I really want to apply for pharmacy at UCL but not sure if I have a chance. At AS I got:

Biology C
Maths A
Chemistry B
German D ( getting remarked as it is 1 mark from a C)

At the beginning of last year I missed about 5 weeks of school as I was in hospital. Should I mention this? Do ucl focus a lot on AS grades?

Thank you!
Reply 42
Original post by sals1234
Hey guys,

I really want to apply for pharmacy at UCL but not sure if I have a chance. At AS I got:

Biology C
Maths A
Chemistry B

At the beginning of last year I missed about 5 weeks of school as I was in hospital. Should I mention this? Do ucl focus a lot on AS grades?

Thank you!

The grades aren't even bad plus ucl like all other unis only really consider a2 predictions so make sure your teacher predicts aab with an a in chemistry if you can't get that choose a uni with lower boundaries. As for the 5 weeks do mention that ask your school where to mention it on the application. You still have a very good chance if you work hard, also get some work experience and look a bit closer into pharmacy so you have something to write in your ps and say in the interview which ucl always do. Best of luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 43
Thank you so much for the reply!
Hey guys,

Biology C
Maths A
Chemistry B

Thank you!

Hi there yes you still stand a chance to apply at UCL for pharmacy don't think that would be an awful lot difficult for you. As mentioned you should still appy there get your teachers to predict you high enough grades, and make sure overall your entire application as in your PS + reference everything is strong enough to get you to pull that offer. Your illness comes under mitigating circumstances so yes it is worth mentioning in your reference which is prepared by your teacher to mention this fact, this will allow them to maybe give you a lower offer than normal. Hope it helps. :smile:
Reply 45
Okay thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it!
No worries if there is anything else you need feel free to ask in this thread again ! :h:
Reply 47
why some people saying AS grades aren't important? Both AS grades and A2 predicted grades are important
Reply 48
Hey guys,

Biology C
Maths A
Chemistry B

Thank you!

Hey a freind of mine had BBD in as in Bio Maths and chem and he managed to get an offer from UCl so you shouldn't worr. he eende up in Medway school of Pharmacyt though with BBC
hey guys i am doing pharmacy as well but i am really worried about finding jobs cause they said there are less jobs available now?:frown:
Original post by RnTf
why some people saying AS grades aren't important? Both AS grades and A2 predicted grades are important

Actually AS grades are important no doubt in that but if a person doesn't has as good AS grades but they end up getting predicted with high grades, so they still have a chance to pull their offers from university. :smile:
Original post by british airways
hey guys i am doing pharmacy as well but i am really worried about finding jobs cause they said there are less jobs available now?:frown:

Hello can I ask as to whether you are applying for Pharmacy or will you be starting Pharmacy from September 2012 ? :smile:

I don't think that it is entirely true even though I am a new Pharmacy student as well, but through the research which I have done they still have wonderful prospects as in jobs who told you this information? :smile:
Original post by ikz94
Hey a freind of mine had BBD in as in Bio Maths and chem and he managed to get an offer from UCl so you shouldn't worr. he eende up in Medway school of Pharmacyt though with BBC

Medway ain't a great school of pharmacy that is what I found out through my research. :smile:
Reply 53
Medway ain't a great school of pharmacy that is what I found out through my research. :smile:

If yourcomapring to UCl then obviously but it's a deecnt university tpo go with the grades he acheived
Original post by ikz94
If yourcomapring to UCl then obviously but it's a deecnt university tpo go with the grades he acheived

Yeah that is true. :smile:

However he could have gone to Keele/ Manchester University or Bradford School of Pharmacy they are decent enough as well. :smile:
Reply 55
Yeah that is true. :smile:

However he could have gone to Keele/ Manchester University or Bradford School of Pharmacy they are decent enough as well. :smile:

Yep I told him that but them two wanted to stay in london as close as possible? or else they would have considered them options.
Original post by ikz94
Yep I told him that but them two wanted to stay in london as close as possible? or else they would have considered them options.

Oh right . :smile:
Reply 57
I'm applying to Nottingham, Cardiff, East Anglia, Birmingham and Bath. (are these good ones? :/) x
AS results =
A - biology
B - chemsitry (4 UMS off A - resitting unit 2 in january)
B - religious studies (2 UMS off A - getting all papers remarked)
B - maths (dropped this now)

So I should go upto AAA on my AS grades. Predicted AAA.
Had a small amount of pharmacy work experience. But I have lots of extra curricular, and an open univeristy module that I passed on molecules,medicines and drugs, which should be handy :smile:
chances with CCD? predictions are ABC
Reply 59
Original post by Craming Revision
chances with CCD? predictions are ABC

Is there any way you can get the predicted C upto a B?
Most pharmacy schools are AAB.
There are *few* that are ABB...
You need to resit the CCD's or get some remarks really (which subjects were these?) x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending