The Student Room Group

Age requirements for medicine at Edinburgh?

Currently, I am 16 years old and I will be turning 17 in December. I am interested in applying to the Edinburgh University to do medicine in 2013. But next year when the course starts, I will only be 17. I am wondering if this will be a problem
Reply 1
Original post by yonewt
Currently, I am 16 years old and I will be turning 17 in December. I am interested in applying to the Edinburgh University to do medicine in 2013. But next year when the course starts, I will only be 17. I am wondering if this will be a problem

You'll have to start in 2014, since you have to be 18 before the start I believe.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
How about go on the university of Edinburgh website, go to their courses, and have a look.
I don't think it matters, not 100% sure though, you could email to ask. I know someone who's just started at Edinburgh doing med who's not 18 til late October
Original post by Yuri
You'll have to start in 2014, since you have to be 18 before the start I believe.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I was 17 when I started medical school as were many of my colleagues. The 18+ rule applies to some universities in England and Wales. In Scotland many students are 17 when leaving school due to differences in the education system.
Reply 5
Original post by yonewt

Email everywhere you're applying and check :smile: some schools will have different requirements. I'm a dentistry applicant and some said as long as I was 17 when the course started I would be fine, others required me to be 18.
Reply 6
You have to have completed 13 years of education to apply to medicine at Scottish universities, doesn't matter if you're 17 :smile: (7 years of primary and 6 of high school).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending