The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
adamzaman
Hi there,
anyone going to Manchester University to study adult branch of nursing?
if so, where is your placement?
placement: trafford NHS:tsr2:

What did you lilke about Trafford NHS trusts? i worked at one of them and it was a nice enouigh hospital, but i thought it was very lax on training and general cleanliness. of course it would probably be much better to work there as a student.
random person
Well im not happy at all about this. Its a bit difficult to meet the conditions of the offer when they don't send the forms. I don't know how anyone could get an unconditional offer because surely evryone must have crb and health clearance checks? I don't know but I am so worried im rephoning them tomorrow!!Time is running out and the CRB check takes about a month plus to go through!!

Well it strange because I have an unconditional offer on the conditions i pass CRB and health clearance. I have already recieved this forms tho. Dont worry too much they are surely on there way.
Hopefully going to study adult nursing at oxford brookes, I've only just applied :rolleyes: but I've been told they still have places so I still stand a chance! Fingers n bits crossed!
*smashed crab*
Hopefully going to study adult nursing at oxford brookes, I've only just applied :rolleyes: but I've been told they still have places so I still stand a chance! Fingers n bits crossed!

reeeeeally, me too!! yay i've found someone else that's going to brookes to do nursing, there's not many of us on TSR!! so how come u have only just applied? good luck with the application x
laurah
reeeeeally, me too!! yay i've found someone else that's going to brookes to do nursing, there's not many of us on TSR!! so how come u have only just applied? good luck with the application x

Thank you! :smile: I spent too long umming and ahhing whether or not to apply for this September and ended up missing the deadline!!:rolleyes: But the uni have said there are places left and if I get my application in quickly I should stand a chance of being considered in the normal way.
*smashed crab*
Thank you! :smile: I spent too long umming and ahhing whether or not to apply for this September and ended up missing the deadline!!:rolleyes: But the uni have said there are places left and if I get my application in quickly I should stand a chance of being considered in the normal way.

brilliant :smile: would you be living at home or in halls? cos i notice you are a more mature student. when i went for my interview the staff there seemed lovely, particularly the 2 that interviewed me, i think that's what actually defined my choice for me - the fact that i could actually imagine them teaching me.
Reply 66
Im going to UWE. Starting January 2007.

Child Branch.
laurah
brilliant :smile: would you be living at home or in halls? cos i notice you are a more mature student. when i went for my interview the staff there seemed lovely, particularly the 2 that interviewed me, i think that's what actually defined my choice for me - the fact that i could actually imagine them teaching me.

I am a lot older than many of you, you are quite right (mentally though, I like to think I am still 18!). I will be living at home and driving in everyday, although the prospect of living in halls and escaping from my husband and two kids is a tempting idea!!!!:wink:
I have spoken to a few of the staff on the phone and you are right they are so helpful and polite. If I do get in I am glad I have spoken to you because at least I know one of the students is very nice and friendly:biggrin:
*smashed crab*
I am a lot older than many of you, you are quite right (mentally though, I like to think I am still 18!). I will be living at home and driving in everyday, although the prospect of living in halls and escaping from my husband and two kids is a tempting idea!!!!:wink:
I have spoken to a few of the staff on the phone and you are right they are so helpful and polite. If I do get in I am glad I have spoken to you because at least I know one of the students is very nice and friendly:biggrin:

heheh thanks :smile: i sent off my bank details etc for the accommodation payments and deposit last night, and so the whole university experience is becoming very real for me now! i'm quite excited. where will you be driving in from? i think i would get annoyed driving in because everytime i have visited oxford we've been advised to use the park and ride car park, but every single time the car park has been full to the max and we've spent hours driving around looking for spaces!

living in halls and escaping family life lol sounds appealing but i doubt it would be anymore quiet than a bunch of rowdy drunk students!
Reply 69
im hopin to go to leeds, to do adult nursing..depending if i've passed my alevels ha xxx
vicki-xox-
im hopin to go to leeds, to do adult nursing..depending if i've passed my alevels ha xxx

oh cool me 2 ( well im doin mental health) r u going this sept??
Reply 71
yep im goin in sept :smile: r u?
u applied for halls..which one if ya have?

xx
iv gone 4 lupton, im in block e1.13 wot bout u?
Reply 73
i've applied for sugarwell court....
its goin to be so wierd goin to uni, leavin all my friends behind n everythin :-( but ahwel lol
xx
Reply 74
University of Worcester.... Mental health nursing:smile: starts 4th sept 2006!
can't wait..
spigot
University of Worcester.... Mental health nursing:smile: starts 4th sept 2006!
can't wait..

mental health yay!!! someone else doing mental health
Reply 76
Yay!
It is all common syllabus to start though... so we will be in with all the other branches, but it is reassuring to know that someone else is actually doing the course!
Reply 77
I am hoping to study Adult nursing at John moore liverpool this my firm choice.
My choice is Childrens nursing at Queens uni Belfast.
Reply 78
I'm going to Manchester to do the BNurs course!! Not sure which branch I'll pick yet but probably adult!

Vicky :smile:
Reply 79
vickyclare, did you get all the admin stuff sorted out?

Latest