The Student Room Group

Best Opticians for Contact Lenses

Hey,
Just wanted to know what opticians do people recommend for cheap and affordable contact lenses? I think I'd want dailies. I read vision express do a 30% student discount but you have to pay like £25 for a consultation, whereas specsavers do a free consultation but their dailies would be slightly more expensive than vision express? Are there any other better ones?
Reply 1
I wear monthly's from Specsavers. I'm only £10 a month for them and that's solution too. You get one free pair of replacement lenses per year (but they're quite flexible with this and normally give you more) and replacements after that are £3.50 per lens which is still pretty cheap.

My optician tried to get me to do a trial on the £13 ones because they're a bit better quality but I knew they offered £10 ones so I asked for them and they've been fine ever since. I got them in September 2011.

I don't think Specsavers dailies are much dearer maybe £15 a month, no harm in getting a consultation and don't be scared to ask for cheaper options.
Reply 2
Original post by morganalex
I wear monthly's from Specsavers. I'm only £10 a month for them and that's solution too. You get one free pair of replacement lenses per year (but they're quite flexible with this and normally give you more) and replacements after that are £3.50 per lens which is still pretty cheap.

My optician tried to get me to do a trial on the £13 ones because they're a bit better quality but I knew they offered £10 ones so I asked for them and they've been fine ever since. I got them in September 2011.

I don't think Specsavers dailies are much dearer maybe £15 a month, no harm in getting a consultation and don't be scared to ask for cheaper options.

Hey, thank you! Did you have to pay for the consultation?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by Aa234
Hey, thank you! Did you have to pay for the consultation?

Nope the consultation is completely free! And on the monthly plan I'm on you get a free pair of glasses from their £45 or lower range or you pay like £35 for designer ones that are worth about £200 etc, great deals with them.
Reply 4
Original post by morganalex
Nope the consultation is completely free! And on the monthly plan I'm on you get a free pair of glasses from their £45 or lower range or you pay like £35 for designer ones that are worth about £200 etc, great deals with them.

That does sound good! Are yours ones you can wear everyday for a month or those one you can only wear like a few times a week?

Reply 5
The Boots direct debit scheme is pretty good cus it gives you 10% off Boots products and 50% off glasses and stuff.
Reply 6
I bought my first month's supply from Specsavers for £25 then bought the continuing months from daysoft for £12
Reply 7
Original post by Aa234
That does sound good! Are yours ones you can wear everyday for a month or those one you can only wear like a few times a week?

I wear mine everyday for a month, you're supposed to have a rest day but I only have a rest day maybe once every 3 weeks when I can't be bothered putting them in. Specsavers have great aftercare too.
I use Boots and my contacts are great :smile:

I think they're £14-17 per/month though (good quality) so it might be worth trying Specsavers if cost is the main factor.
Reply 9
Hi. To be honest the best and cheapest option by far is to buy online. I use www.lensesavers.com
Not trying to blug them but they have been reliable for me, though there are others.
Just make sure you buy main brand, lenses and use the prescription you get from the optician's. They are the same lens at half the price and therefore safe.
Hope this helps.
Reply 10
Contact lenses are essential for eyes. So there is need of best contact lenses online. Shop4frames provides best contact lenses online at cheapest price. So you can take benefit from here. You can buy Freshlook contact lenses here at discounted price. They know what is important to your eyes.
Thanks John. I've just received my first order from them. I actually bought Clear Lab one day lenses. Unbelievably cheap and they feel really good. Cuts my 'eye bill' in half!

Quick Reply

Latest