The Student Room Group

Visual field eye test & driving

Hello today I had a visual field test at eye hospital in UK. Where you click when you see a dot flash and have one eye covered. I’m pretty sure I failed it, I was focusing on light in middle like they ask but the problem was the light that flashes seemed much dimmer than one I done at opticians.
Was hard to see and I even noticed I missed a couple but felt it the time passed to press the button.
My question is as I’m pretty sure I failed bad, could that effect me keeping my drivers licence? Would DVLA be notified?
I feel I could of done better but the light was really dim compared to usual or I was focusing too much on the middle light.
I passed it easily at opticians.
Reply 1
This is just my experience so I don’t know how it applies to you - best to ask your eye doctor to confirm! But for me, I ‘fail’ an eye hospital visual field test in one of my eyes because I have blind spots just in one eye, but the one I did at the optician to confirm I could see well enough to drive was with both eyes at the same time, so that one was completely fine. If you have a condition that affects your visual field, you need to notify the DVLA and they will organise an assessment of your vision for driving. The DVLA website has more info on this.
Reply 2
It is very important for driving test that you have to be the optimum vision which is required for the passing the driving license

Quick Reply

Latest