The Student Room Group

Politics and Parliamentary studies leeds 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beckieindia
Congratulations! I guess we'll see each other there, although I've just got an offer from KCL which I wasn't really expecting so that's thrown everything in the air quite a bit. I'm still 80% sure about Leeds though!

Aaah, well done :smile: Hopefully the offer holders' day will give you a chance to make your mind up!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh, but I'm pretty certain that I'll firm Leeds, given that year spent interning in Parliament (and hopefully Congress!)
Original post by spacemenrule94
Aaah, well done :smile: Hopefully the offer holders' day will give you a chance to make your mind up!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh, but I'm pretty certain that I'll firm Leeds, given that year spent interning in Parliament (and hopefully Congress!)

I'm hoping so, I keep switching my mind about which sounds the most awesome, at KCL it's a pretty unique course too, but for different reasons so I'm utterly confused... I basically love Leeds, the University, the City, the internship etc. and I was so excited about going but now I've been thrown!

Where else did you apply?
Original post by beckieindia
I'm hoping so, I keep switching my mind about which sounds the most awesome, at KCL it's a pretty unique course too, but for different reasons so I'm utterly confused... I basically love Leeds, the University, the City, the internship etc. and I was so excited about going but now I've been thrown!

Where else did you apply?

Same, there are great aspects to every university I'm considering, which is a bit tricky!

I also applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bath and Cambridge :smile:
The offer day was really useful! :smile: I talked to some PPS students, and it's definitely convinced me to firm the offer.
Hey guys, was thinking of creating a facebook group for those of us starting PPS in September? What do you guys think? Here's my profile if you want to add me https://www.facebook.com/daniel.oliver.1023 :biggrin: so looking forward to September
I'm sure some of you will have seen this is listed in clearing. Upon contacting Leeds, they said they couldn't offer a place directly due to the need for an interview, but would offer a place on the Politics course. However, once you are there, there is an opportunity in the first year to transfer to the Parliamentary Studies course subject to interview and performance - so if you applied for this and didn't get it but are doing politics, you still have a chance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending