The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Democracy
How come you didn't apply to Lancaster then? :tongue:

London isn't scary at all, I don't understand what people mean when they say that tbh. But each to their own.

I used to hate it - didn't even look at the London medical schools when I was applying. I'm certainly not scared any more (except of driving through the centre :afraid:) but will be leaving in a year or so, hopefully.
How come you didn't apply to Lancaster then? :tongue:

London isn't scary at all, I don't understand what people mean when they say that tbh. But each to their own.

I just found it very unwelcoming and stressful to get anywhere. I don't know I'm just used to more friendly people. But I didn't apply to Lancaster because it's in the middle of nowhere and it's only a small year group and the teaching hospitals are some of the worst hospitals in the country. I think Nottingham is southern enough for me :smile:
Original post by Hippokrates
I just found it very unwelcoming and stressful to get anywhere. I don't know I'm just used to more friendly people. But I didn't apply to Lancaster because it's in the middle of nowhere and it's only a small year group and the teaching hospitals are some of the worst hospitals in the country. I think Nottingham is southern enough for me :smile:

I can see where you're coming from, as it happens I felt the exact reverse when I moved away from London to a med school in a relatively rural area: lack of frequent buses, no Tube, not being able to walk everywhere, no 24/7 shops etc :p:

Original post by Helenia
I used to hate it - didn't even look at the London medical schools when I was applying. I'm certainly not scared any more (except of driving through the centre :afraid:) but will be leaving in a year or so, hopefully.

The driving isn't half as bad as the parking :tongue:

Where will you be going to?
Reply 43
I can see where you're coming from, as it happens I felt the exact reverse when I moved away from London to a med school in a relatively rural area: lack of frequent buses, no Tube, not being able to walk everywhere, no 24/7 shops etc :p:

The driving isn't half as bad as the parking :tongue:

Where will you be going to?

Parking is frustrating, but I don't fear for my life/my car quite so much as when on the move. Still haven't worked out how to program my SatNav properly so it doesn't try to take me straight across the centre when returning down the M40.

Haven't decided where we'll head to yet, current top candidate deaneries are Oxford, West Mids or Severn. Somewhere we can afford to buy a house, with a tertiary centre, but not too far away from friends/family.
Reply 44
Did he just say Ghetto med school? LOL!
Reply 45
This thread has been closed due to it's age. Users are reminded not to "bump" old threads.

Latest

Trending

Trending