The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
My mother has hit me alot over the last few year. So I hit her back the last time now she acting like i'm an evil person that needs serious help. Do I need help?

If you only done it the once then no you dont.
I don't think you do. It sounds as though your mum might have a problem.

Have you tried talking to your mum? Maybe she's unhappy, and she's taking it out on you.

If you need to talk to someone, you could try and contact an organisation such as The Samaritans or Childline.
Anonymous
My mother has hit me alot over the last few year. So I hit her back the last time now she acting like i'm an evil person that needs serious help. Do I need help?

depends on the particulars, eg. if u were a massive bodybuilder and she always hit you lightly and then you broke her neck or something...then you might need help(just an extreme example). On the other hand if she really hurts you and you were just defending yourself then i think its her who needs the help.
MNBStyle
If you only done it the once then no you dont.
What if she does it again?
Reply 5
So does my mum lol! It's a fact of life, untill you what to move out. Unfortunalty thats the way it is because you live under her roof and she pays the bills. When you feel that you can move out then do it. Also please try to understand your mum sometimes i mean try to help her around the house and be more helpfull thats the only sure fire way that your not going to get hit by her. After all she did give birth to you, feeds you, clothes you. So please have some litte repect for her. I bet thats the only thing that she's asking from you.
Lyndzxx
So does my mum lol! It's a fact of life, untill you what to move out. Unfortunalty thats the way it is because you live under her roof and she pays the bills. When you feel that you can move out then do it. Also please try to understand your mum sometimes i mean try to help her around the house and be more helpfull thats the only sure fire way that your not going to get hit by her. After all she did give birth to you, feeds you, clothes you. So please have some litte repect for her. I bet thats the only thing that she's asking from you.

Parents shouldn't hit children. As far as I know, it's illegal if it's done with 'excessive force'.

You shouldn't have to put up with physical abuse, even if it is a parent who's doing it. You wouldn't put up with it if a stranger on the street hit you for no reason. The same should apply in this case.
Anomynous because I dont like people knowing. Im 17 and female.
My mum was violent most of my childhood. It stopped when I got big enough to hit her back or yell back.
She then did sometimes but not frequently, and mental abuse still continued.
My sister is 4yrs younger than me and just the other month mum hit her head against the wall and hit her. I remember us being thankful to her for saying she wouldnt tell dad, if she broke something when throwing stuff at us. lol. She's stopped now. I feel terrible when I make her cry though, although it doesnt happen often (only if she's like premenstural and i argue back) but she doesnt seem to when she does it back, and used to loads.
Enough rambling.
You dont have a problem. People dont deserve that from their parents.It certainly made my life really hard and Im relapsing back into bulimia atm cos that's the only way I seem to be able to cope,and a-levels are upon us.
Reply 8
guitargirl03
Parents shouldn't hit children. As far as I know, it's illegal if it's done with 'excessive force'.

You shouldn't have to put up with physical abuse, even if it is a parent who's doing it. You wouldn't put up with it if a stranger on the street hit you for no reason. The same should apply in this case.

It's not illiegal, it's just the parents giving thier authority to the child. I was smacked many times i turned out good. But never have i laid a finger to my mum to hit her back. But your mother is not a stranger is she? I would get mad if a stanger would hit me thats something differnet.
Lightly smacking's different to hitting or physical abuse though. There's a difference between lightly disciplining your child (hopefully a young one just cos smacking a 17yr old seems a bit weird) and getting into a rage and hitting your child repeatedly because you cant control your temper.
Reply 10
No i am not young i am 18 lol! I am old lol! Well if you really think it's that serious then report it.
Ive had loads of beatings from my mum. Shes an angry nutter and nothing will ever change it.

Christ.

If i ever hit her back she'd flip out and strangle me or something. Seriously. Shes a psycho.

Dont cry about it, it happens.
Lyndzxx
It's not illiegal, it's just the parents giving thier authority to the child. I was smacked many times i turned out good. But never have i laid a finger to my mum to hit her back. But your mother is not a stranger is she? I would get mad if a stanger would hit me thats something differnet.

It is illegal and parents can use their authority in different ways.
Reply 13
I'm older then 16.
Reply 14
guitargirl03
It is illegal and parents can use their authority in different ways.

But that is conparasion to conparing a stanger who has hit you then your mother that has known of you for years.
Lyndzxx
But that is conparasion to conparing a stanger who has hit you then your mother that has known of you for years.

?

If that's refering to the law, then I'm afraid that it applies to anyone.
Reply 16
Nope, not if you have grown up with your mother in the same house.
Reply 17
to diffuse the situation....
*Mother comes to hit you*
you:"before you do that be warned that I am a masochist and hitting me may cause ejaculation"
Mother: *stunned*
...always works with the bullies at school :biggrin:
Reply 18
Anonymous

My sister is 4yrs younger than me and just the other month mum hit her head against the wall and hit her.

If that sort of thing is more than a one time occurrence I would say it is past the point where it is necessary to contact the appropriate authorities. Its not acceptable, it is illegal and if people are not able to deal with their children without turning to that kind of violence then quite frankly they are not fit to take care of them.

In 20 years I can't think of more times I have been hit by my parents than I can count on my right hand, and each time it was after I had done something seriously wrong [read dangerous]. Despite of this I am not out of controll, I respect my parents, I was never a real problem to my teachers nor did I cause a lot of trouble at school or during my sparetime.

There simply isn't any need for parents to use violence against their children, and its completely unacceptable. If it has come to such a point that a parent needs to hit their children to controll them, then the parents has done a pretty crap job to begin with, and the children are probably better off somewhere else.
Lyndzxx
Nope, not if you have grown up with your mother in the same house.

That doesn't matter.

Are you saying then, this is different situation, that in the case of child abuse, where a father sexually abuses his daughter/son, that it's perfectly acceptable because the "children grew up in the same house as the father?"

Latest

Trending

Trending