The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All I know is that you'll have to sit a short numeric test and that you will have the opportunity to talk to a DB employee.

Source: career.deutsche-bank.com/wms/customers/ pdf/Insert_IHAD_UK_Feb_2005_FINAL.pdf
Hi, I did the placement last year. All you do is a short test but you get a very long interview with two deutsche bank employees. I will be asked loads of competancy questions.
You'll be fine!
Reply 4
wen did u get the letter? or r u just hoping for an interview? jus askin cos i apllied too. thanks.
Reply 5
I applied too, but haven't had a letter or anything.
When i did it two years ago In the first interview it was somone from Windsor fellowship who asked me the questions and they said the deutcsh bank guys would come in the second interview. in the first one they asked me:
How your degree choice will help you become an investment banker?
What do u know about DB?
what do u know about Windsor fellowship?
What is investment banking?

hope that helps!
Can someone please explain exactly what this programme is and what it entails?
Reply 8
I havnt heard from them yet!!!!
Reply 9
humperdink, do you know the day you sent off your application?
Reply 10
recurring
Is it me or does this programme seem a bit racist.

i think the correct term is postive discrimination :wink:
recurring
Is it me or does this programme seem a bit racist.

Arguably, yes. But it is actually, in their justification, aimed at those 'students that have traditionally been, and currently are, underrepresented in graduate applications and recruitment' (DB). Seems fair to me, although I doubt these groups actually stand less a chance in applications when they do apply. But it isn't about that - more about attracting these 'underrepresented' groups to IB.
lutionium
Can someone please explain exactly what this programme is and what it entails?

Their web-site has it cut-out quite nicely I think. But in a netshell- providing BME students with the opportunity of a summer placement at Deutsche Bank. The successful group is divided into four divisions within the bank, most probably doing usual 'internship' tasks, but obviously not as in-depth as undergraduate placements.
Anujkhamar
humperdink, do you know the day you sent off your application?

I don't think they are adopting a first-come-first-served interview policy because a friend of mine who just about caught the deadline received an interview date for last week.

For those without responses - best bet would be to phone Windsor Fellowship and enquire (they seem quite helpful). :yy:
I feel the programme is racist. It discriminates on the basis of race!

And I'm not white :smile: But I've said my fair share of words on the matter of 'ethnic minority' events. In short, they aren't under-represented by banks and it isn't the fault of the banks admissions systems that there is under-representation. Rather, that suitable degrees at good universities already experience this.
Reply 15
I had my interview and i thought I did quite well.
Obviously i see where you are coming from when you say it's racist. But even if someone felt it was racist they would still apply.

The competency test do they ask you questions about IB vocabulary or something different ???

What level is the numeracy test???
does anyone know how it might be possible to get an internship outside of this "positively discriminating" sceme
omonija, read the rest of the forum. It's all in there, somewhere.

Meanwhile, it is racist and maintaining double-standards isn't something I would back.

lutionium, don't worry about it. Most people who go into IB as interns don't have any experience with finance work and that will be the case for a long time.
yeah, i know, but it can't hurt to have some experience. It will also help me decide if said career path is for me. Any ideas as to how i can get some experience?
lutionium
yeah, i know, but it can't hurt to have some experience. It will also help me decide if said career path is for me. Any ideas as to how i can get some experience?

Wait until your first year at uni, apply for spring programmes.

Don't think you can get the full flow of experience until an actual internship at least. And even then, you don't get that much in many divisions.

edit for messy English

Latest

Trending

Trending