What do your abs look like ?

Poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They protrude like six angry penises.
'Abs on a skinny guy are like tits on a fat girl, they don't count'

I'd say that sums up my core nicely. My abs are slightly defined but if anything that annoys me because I know it's due to being skinny.
Reply 3
6 pack of course.
Reply 4
Original post by watami
6 pack of course.

do u even lift?
I'll let you know when I find them
like a cheese grater am i cheesy or wat
Original post by Converse Rocker
'Abs on a skinny guy are like tits on a fat girl, they don't count'

I'd say that sums up my core nicely. My abs are slightly defined but if anything that annoys me because I know it's due to being skinny.

This is something I will never get. I've been skinny all my life, and now nearly have a fully defined six-pack, but I got this through regularly cardiovascular exercise and a balanced diet. I feel a lot of self accomplishment because of this, and get rather frustrated when people put a downer on the result of my hard work. Getting a six pack is never easy.

Also, it is impossible to have a six-pack if you are not skinny, or have a low percentage body fat level, so the 'abs on a skinny guy don't count' argument is rediculous. If people think you have to get 'big' by eating a load of crap and then losing the fat to get a six pack they are wrong. If you know what I'm talking about I am referring to bulking.

However, this is coming from a person who cycles over 100 miles a week and has no interest in doing weights other than to provide a bit of balance to the shape of my body.

So please dude, just embrace it, and flaunt it. I always feel great when going to the beach in the summer and subtly showing off my pack to people who don't expect you to have it.
Reply 8
Flabs.
Reply 9
I'll go with 'getting a little pudgy belly'.
At my current body fat: fairly decent six pack abs.
Reply 11
Original post by g36c
do u even lift?

No bro, I look good naturally.
Reply 12
Why do so many guys care about abs? Most girls don't care about whether a guy has abs or not for if they did then most guys would never get any as most guys dont naturally have toned abs.
Pudgy belly for me!
Original post by awilson008
So please dude, just embrace it, and flaunt it. I always feel great when going to the beach in the summer and subtly showing off my pack to people who don't expect you to have it.

Don't get me wrong, obviously you have to get lean. After all, they say abs are made in the kitchen :smile:

My point is that if you have skinny arms, a flat chest and chicken legs, abs are not impressive. I respect people that have put on muscle mass, and then gotten lean and 'revealed' their abs, if that's the right word.

There's a difference between being lean and being skinny.

If people think you have to get 'big' by eating a load of crap and then losing the fat to get a six pack they are wrong. If you know what I'm talking about I am referring to bulking.

If they have stuck with a long, clean bulk then gone through a cutting phase, that's much more impressive than a guy with 2 inch arms who does endless crunches. In my opinion, anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Converse Rocker
If they have stuck with a long, clean bulk then gone through a cutting phase, that's much more impressive than a guy with 2 inch arms who does endless crunches. In my opinion, anyway.

I see where you are coming from, however I don't believe you have to build crazy amounts of muscle and become massive for a six pack to look good. As I said before, I do some weights (which include chest, arms and shoulders), but only to prevent becoming unbalanced in my look.

However this is coming from someone who gets their six pack from doing A LOT of cardiovascular activity (cycling). I would say I am consuming 4000-5000 calories a day, easily, and I rarely do ab exercises.

Also for me gaining a lot of weight is a bad thing, it makes tackling the hills on the bike a lot harder :wink: and I feel very healthy at the moment so why would I change anything?
I would say I am consuming 4000-5000 calories a day, easily, and I rarely do ab exercises.

Don't worry, you're not who I'm referring to pal! I'm talking about the guy who eats about 1800 calories a day, doesn't have any muscle, yet parades a six pack on the beach :tongue:

If you have a decent physique to go with it, abs are great. If you have nothing but low body fat, nobody cares. Hopefully I made myself clear, apologies if not :smile:
Original post by S.R
Why do so many guys care about abs? Most girls don't care about whether a guy has abs or not for if they did then most guys would never get any as most guys dont naturally have toned abs.

Abs are for women only? Didn't know that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
I do some weights (which include chest, arms and shoulders), but only to prevent becoming unbalanced in my look.

You only train part of your upper body, and that avoids looking unbalance?

I see.

I would say I am consuming 4000-5000 calories a day, easily

Not likely.

Typical daily diet?
Original post by zjs
You only train part of your upper body, and that avoids looking unbalance?

I see.

Not likely.

Typical daily diet?

Yes, it does. Cycling builds muscle in my legs, whilst revealing abdominal muscles that I already have. Combined with some upper body workouts, and that retains balance. What's the problem here?

And did I say it was a typical diet? I do huge amounts of cycling, 100 - 200 miles a week during the school term, never mind the mileage I do when I am off school. I cycled around 2300 miles over the summer. This combined with an already high metabolism (which is why I've always been thin), requires me to consume huge amounts of calories. Weight lifting as a single activity cannot do this.

Quick Reply

Latest