The Student Room Group

why are people still wearing chinos!

Chinos are extremely ugly and i have no idea why they are in fashion. Im not one for following the crowd and wearing stuff just because everybody else is, i have my own style and without sounding arrogant its done me very well so.

Chinos and skinny jeans etc to me are like little boys fashion, very un-masculine and make you look like a little bitch...
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Tbf, shouldn't matter to you (unless you are gay), why the heck do you care what other boys wear?!?!
You can hardly judge how attractive they look if your a straight male can you?!?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bengalisoldier
Chinos are extremely ugly and i have no idea why they are in fashion. Im not one for following the crowd and wearing stuff just because everybody else is, i have my own style and without sounding arrogant its done me very well so.

Chinos and skinny jeans etc to me are like little boys fashion, very un-masculine and make you look like a little bitch...

I think they look ever sooooo sexy on boys!
I 100% agree with OP here. I never actually understood why everybody thought chinos were the way forward.
So what? Suit it up, jeans or nothing?

I'm not a fan of vomit colours chinos, or the ones that are really tight around the ankle. But whats wrong with a nice set of dark blue chinos?
A bit like this but less baggy? http://images.defshop-static.com/images/product_images/info_images/73798_0.jpg
My boyfriend doesn't find jeans comfortable, so he always wears either combats or chinos.
Original post by Clare~Bear
My boyfriend doesn't find jeans comfortable, so he always wears either combats or chinos.
i dont think anybody does!
Original post by Llamageddon
i dont think anybody does!

Skinny jeans aren't, but a nice baggy pair are comfy. He doesn't see the point in wearing something that isn't comfy though. He does always colour coordinate though and never wears anything really unfashionable.
Reply 9
Original post by Clare~Bear

jogger jeans ftw! :smile:
Because they can.
Reply 11
I think chinos worn nicely are brilliant. For example beige chinos with a light blue shirt, brown belt and brown brogues, or dark blue chinos with a white shirt or something... none of these coloured chinos though, men don't look good in red chinos. And don't wear a t-shirt with chinos, they're supposed to be worn with a shirt or a nice polo.
Reply 12
Chinos are okay. Skinny jeans are not.
Reply 13
Let them wear what they want. If they all end up looking the same for wearing a clothing accessory which colour resembles something coming out of your anus - so be it! Wear what you want to wear and let others wear what they want to wear. Theres no point in making a thread about it.
(edited 11 years ago)
I kinda like chinos :colondollar: but only if they work well with the rest of the outfit (eg aren't raging colours :no: ), aren't drop crotch or elastic cuffed and fit the wearer well.

Skinny jeans are also very attractive on certain men, but very few can pull them off and most guys shouldn't really bother :lol: the are more times when they are not a good look than when they are.
Down to the individual. Vomit coloured chinos are disgusting and i don't know why anyone wears them but others colours can look ok. As for skinny jeans, depends on the person. Some people suit them some people don't. I only wear skinny jeans because I hate how baggy normal jeans feel. All down to preference. If your choice of clothing is such an important factor in displaying your masculinity then that's cool but some people don't define how masculine they are by their bottom half clothing.
If you're all about letting people wear what they want then let people wear chinos. They look great on some guys.
I don't know why people is doing that.

Edit- thanks for editing the title and making my comment invalid.
(edited 11 years ago)
IMO, skinny jeans are awful on guys but normal chinos look good if combined with the right clothes.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Because chinos in general just remind me of people like Justin Bieber, One Direction, little boys singing about love and looking all cute and cuddly. I will not be associated with such madness.

Quick Reply

Latest