The Student Room Group

What to wear

This seems like a stupid question but I got invited to an interview for a veterinary school and I have no clue what I should wear for it! Any suggestions are very welcome!
I wouldn't overthink it too much and wear mostly what you're comfortable in - it isn't a beauty contest, it is an interview for vet school although I do think they don't mind seeing some personality (e.g. I like to wear a bit of colour). But do look over the vet school's interview process as some may ask you to animal handling etc so may impact what you wear, particularly footwear. I think smart casual is the ideal vibe but I do think they won't judge you for being too smart but too casual is possible - i.e. possibly joggers + hoodie may not be the most suitable thing, I also wouldn't wear massive heels or something that might make animal handling awkward. I think all trousers (like chinos), reasonable length skirts (I wore one just above my knees), shirts, jackets, blazers, jumpers, jeans (maybe not ripped) etc is acceptable.
Reply 2
Original post by RambleAmple
I wouldn't overthink it too much and wear mostly what you're comfortable in - it isn't a beauty contest, it is an interview for vet school although I do think they don't mind seeing some personality (e.g. I like to wear a bit of colour). But do look over the vet school's interview process as some may ask you to animal handling etc so may impact what you wear, particularly footwear. I think smart casual is the ideal vibe but I do think they won't judge you for being too smart but too casual is possible - i.e. possibly joggers + hoodie may not be the most suitable thing, I also wouldn't wear massive heels or something that might make animal handling awkward. I think all trousers (like chinos), reasonable length skirts (I wore one just above my knees), shirts, jackets, blazers, jumpers, jeans (maybe not ripped) etc is acceptable.

Thank you this is really helpful! Smart but practical got it 👍🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending