The Student Room Group

Teacher wearing cufflinks

Do you think it is ok for teachers to wear cufflinks in school and how do you think it looks?

I will be starting my placement in a few days time and nearly all my shirts are cuffed shirts. Can I wear cufflinks without a suit jacket?
Of course it's fine...
Reply 2
No. Health and safety risk.. When you point at the board they might fly out and hit a pupil in the eye. I'd avoid.
Most teachers at my placement school wear cuff links.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
:rolleyes: I think it will be fine.
Reply 5
Okay thanks, because in my old schools I do not remember anyone wearing cufflinks. Thought I was going to the be the first lol.

Can I wear cufflinks without the suit jacket, somedays I am planning to go into school with just shirt and trousers. Sorry for these dumb questions, just never been a fashion type person.
Original post by Teras
Okay thanks, because in my old schools I do not remember anyone wearing cufflinks. Thought I was going to the be the first lol.

Can I wear cufflinks without the suit jacket, somedays I am planning to go into school with just shirt and trousers. Sorry for these dumb questions, just never been a fashion type person.

Just wear the damn cufflinks, nobody is going to care.
Reply 7
No, your boss will sack you for being too well dressed.......
Reply 8
Original post by S.R
No, your boss will sack you for being too well dressed.......

#

This is what I fear
Reply 9
Original post by Teras
#

This is what I fear

I smell a troll.
Reply 10
one of my professors wears a three piece suit... waistcoat

he's always super dapper looking but isn't really old... he looks about 30something
and he has a 3 quarter length coat... all quite dickensian

think you'll be alright with your cufflinks
Don't wear particularly fancy or cheesy ones and you'll be fine.
Reply 12
Yeah, it gives the pupils something interesting to look at :wink:
Yeah you'll be fine, better to be way overdressed and asked to scale it back a little than looking scruffy every time. I rock the waistcoat myself, looks ballin'
Its not really something i pay attention to ...
Why not? It would be unusual though.
Bit over the top for a teacher, methinks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending