The Student Room Group

Is awkwardness in early relationship normal...?

I've just started seeing this girl and we get along great when we're in groups or when we text. However, when we're alone it can get a bit awkward at times. There aren't long silences or owt but when we talk it can seem like we aren't being ourselves and the conversation can be dull (for lack of a better word).

Has anyone else had this or is it a bit weird?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wouldn't worry about it. The more experiences you share the more you'll have to talk about. If there's silences learn to be comfortable with the. Keep doing stuff.

Personally think awkwardness can be quite sweet between two people who like eachother so suppose I'm saying just soak it up, it's not all that bad.

It is what it is.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've just started seeing this girl and we get along great when we're in groups or when we text. However, when we're alone it can get a bit awkward at times. There aren't long silences or owt but when we talk it can seem like we aren't being ourselves and the conversation can be dull (for lack of a better word).

Aw, some awkward silences can be cute. Just smile at her a lot, make it less awkward... Talk about random things like you would in text xD

Good luck:smile:
Reply 3

Maybe you're just settling in but personally if you're describing conversation between you guys as "dull" already, I suspect there isn't chemistry between you guys. And this whole "growing together" theory does work but you can't be waiting for the relationship to generate topics of conversation...
Reply 4
Sorry but that is really abnormal

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by h-g-1
Maybe you're just settling in but personally if you're describing conversation between you guys as "dull" already, I suspect there isn't chemistry between you guys. And this whole "growing together" theory does work but you can't be waiting for the relationship to generate topics of conversation...

It's not that they're dull per se (I couldn't really describe it in a word), typically I'm a pretty funny guy but I find it hard to insert my usual humour when we're alone.
Reply 6

>owt
Reply 7
Perhaps if you make something physical then you won't have time for awkward moments. Instead of being silent, look in her eyes, smile, caress her hair or her cheeks and compliment them, kiss her :wink:
shyness bro, there is a biological test to act upon the hypothesis of whether she generally likes you: stick your thumb up her a-hole and see if she barks?
I had the same thing. Sorry but if you can't do something as simple as hold a conversation then you two just don't have chemistry, however much you like her. There are just some people I can talk to endless for hours about anything and there are people who I can only make simple small talk with because we just can't connect.
Reply 10
It depends if your girlfriend flops out a shlong when you go to eat her out?

Your experience is a carbon copy of my last relationship. Hopefully yours will be better than mine was as she was boring and we broke up after 5 months
Original post by shlonger
It depends if your girlfriend flops out a shlong when you go to eat her out?

You live up to your name, sadly.
Reply 13
Original post by Dwayne Hicks

Youd live up to your surname if you got rid of the s and replaced the h with a d... sadly
Youd live up to your surname if you got rid of the s and replaced the h with a d... sadly

Original post by Dwayne Hicks

now now children

to OP atleast girls are interested

the females in my town are shallow harpies, who merely want to satisfy animalistic lusts.

yes, sluts gonna sloot

btw, try smiling. and be comfortable. don't worry about talking, and relax. don't put poon on the pedestal
Reply 15
No just get in there eat her and then worry about awkwardness, at least this way you've got a meal out of her
No just get in there eat her and then worry about awkwardness, at least this way you've got a meal out of her

don't forget to bring a bib, one must remember his manners
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Ive heard if you sprinkle salt on to the vagina it tastes like lobster?
Reply 18
Original post by medicine gapper
now now children

to OP atleast girls are interested

the females in my town are shallow harpies, who merely want to satisfy animalistic lusts.

yes, sluts gonna sloot

btw, try smiling. and be comfortable. don't worry about talking, and relax. don't put poon on the pedestal

How did this topic get onto sluts and your woes?! :lolwut:

Erm ok, clutching at straws a little....

And OP you do not have to be talking to each other constantly for you to have chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending