The Student Room Group

I'm scared! The BTEC, A2 and AS.

HI guys,

So I'm hopefully going to be sending off my UCAS application next week Friday, if all goes to plan...
I currently do Health and social care BTEC level 3 (equiv to two a levels) and Religious Studies (philosophy and ethics) and I picked up AS sociology this year. For RS I got a high B in the AS exam, as for the BTEC well sadly I hate it and I was being an idiot last year by not doing the work properly. I achieved only passes... so my overall grade from last year is PP which I think is equiv to two E's? For sociology, my teacher will be predicting me a B I believe and the btec, well they're predicting me either PP or MP:colondollar: Sadly for me, the course I am hope to do in University requires high grades from the btec, as do most universities. They want DD/DM.

Do Universities take into consideration your AS grade prediction? And, in the end on results day will my AS grade in sociology add to the points of my A2 subjects? I want to try and get that A in rs actually... So I was just wondering, what should I do :frown: Really when universities see what I'm predicted it's B E E. That's disgustingly terrible :frown: But the points add up alright, I suppose....

I'm confused, beyond confused. By the way, the course I'll be applying for is International Relations.
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure a Level 3 BTEC at a pass rate is the equivalent of 60 UCAS Points or in your case, 120 UCAS points. It's more like BCC and not BEE as you've stated. If you do get a B in AS Sociology, that's another 50 UCAS points. So overall, that combines to 270 UCAS points, so not nearly as bad as you think.
Reply 2
Original post by SkrillaGB
I'm pretty sure a Level 3 BTEC at a pass rate is the equivalent of 60 UCAS Points or in your case, 120 UCAS points. It's more like BCC and not BEE as you've stated. If you do get a B in AS Sociology, that's another 50 UCAS points. So overall, that combines to 270 UCAS points, so not nearly as bad as you think.

Thank you. I kind of want to marry you now...GREAT HOPE!
I'm just worried. My teacher's aren't so great at communicating with me. The health care teacher's are deciding what to predict me, and just the teacher's in my school are pretty slow... Sending it off next week for International Relations though. For sure. No delays.

Oh, is that 270 including the chance of me getting a B in RS A2? And, so by including the sociology AS into the UCAS points, you're saying that AS grades points are included in the amount of UCAS points you get in the end?
Reply 3
Original post by Applepie:)
Thank you. I kind of want to marry you now...GREAT HOPE!
I'm just worried. My teacher's aren't so great at communicating with me. The health care teacher's are deciding what to predict me, and just the teacher's in my school are pretty slow... Sending it off next week for International Relations though. For sure. No delays.

Oh, is that 270 including the chance of me getting a B in RS A2? And, so by including the sociology AS into the UCAS points, you're saying that AS grades points are included in the amount of UCAS points you get in the end?

Yes, and AS Level is also included in your UCAS points in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending