The Student Room Group

Why are guys so crap at replying to texts?!

Like even if it's a question you desperately need an answer to?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
CBA.
Reply 2
I don't have my phone on me all the time. I also only reply when i feel like it, unless it's important, in which case I try to reply ASAP.
If its that important I assume the person will call instead.
I can't speak for all guys obviously.
Reply 3
Original post by tehforum
CBA.

^^

This

and you talk so god damn much!
Reply 4
i'd pretty much look who it is.. depending what mood i'm in, i may read it.

Unless it's URGENTLY important, probably reply to it later/after dinner/before bed etc
Reply 5
Original post by lizardsmithy:)

You're gonna have to be more specific...
Reply 6
I often can't think of anything to say right away and think, well, I'll just reply later, then 8 hours pass and I look at my phone again and think, oh dear.

I always answer when someone texts me. Unfortunately, not many girls text me. :frown:
Reply 8
Texting is so boring.
I much rather have conversations in person.
Also if its something you desperately need the answer to you should actually call them.
Reply 9
Too busy busting nuts.
Original post by Arekkusu
I often can't think of anything to say right away and think, well, I'll just reply later, then 8 hours pass and I look at my phone again and think, oh dear.

Yeah, after some length of time it is just too awkward. I've lost contact with people who moved away because of that.
I don't know but it's annoying!
This guy probably isn't interested in texting you, better things to do?
Reply 13
I get put off by really, really long messages and especially if I'm bombarded with them. I don't enjoy texting all the time either, would rather talk on the phone.
I try my best to reply to text messages but when I can't be asked, I hop onto facebook and message them there later on.

Clearly, from reading the messages above, it differs for each guy. I personally really like texting, I feel its quite personal. I find talking on the phone quite difficult as I like to see the other person's reactions and emotions. Most texts I will reply to fairly quickly, especially if its turned into a mini conversation over the course of a few hours, in which case, my replies are faster. However, some guys, like many of those above, don't like texting. So you may have just been unlucky and been texting these guys of this type. Luck of the draw!
In my experience it's often girls who have been just as unreliable, if not more so at replying to texts. :dontknow:

I nearly always answer my texts straight away, especially if it's someone/something important. Every now and then I'll receive a text, look at it but not know what to say at that moment, so I leave it 'til later which sometimes ends up being never.
At all times I try to reply back to a text using 3 words or fewer. I dislike having to do anything more.
Reply 18
Guys? Guys?!

Happily texting a girl friend... next thing you know you get parred off half way through the conversation.

I know when conversations die out, but sometimes not texting back is completely unwarranted.
Reply 19
w a n k i n g innit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending