The Student Room Group

getting mixed signals

anon as I know people on here. basically i had a date with a guy and it went ok, i havent dated anyone for many years so i wasnt really confident with it, but i liked the guy and thought i'd give it a shot.

after the date we chatted online for a while, but at first he was sending signals that he was really into me, then was really distant, like he wasnt interested.

im just really confused now as i dont know what i did wrong, or if he's just the kind of guy who enjoys playing with people's minds.

i like the guy but im not prepared to put myself on the line for getting hurt. im also uncomfortable with raising the subject with him, the reason i havent dated for years is the last guy hurt me by doing this same sort of thing, and now it's happening again. how should i handle this? :frown:

im a guy, btw, if that makes a difference. :s-smilie:
Reminds me of a song I accidently heard in a youtube video, 'youuuuu i wannaa takee you to a GAYBARRrr'

Posted from my HTC Desire HD, unlike the rest of you boring people with iPhones.
Just leave him and move on. Even if he does like you, why would you wanna be with someone who treats you so coldly. Don't allow yourself to settle for less than you deserve.
Reply 3
anyone?
Lol.
Original post by James A
Reminds me of a song I accidently heard in a youtube video, 'youuuuu i wannaa takee you to a GAYBARRrr'

Posted from my HTC Desire HD, unlike the rest of you boring people with iPhones.

The prize for the most unhelpful post goes to.... :claps:

And OP, well if he's acting like this, it's hard to tell but I think you should drop it from your side and if he tries to pick things up with you then all the better but if not, at least you're not getting your hopes up right? :yep:
Original post by >Untitled<

And OP, well if he's acting like this, it's hard to tell but I think you should drop it from your side and if he tries to pick things up with you then all the better but if not, at least you're not getting your hopes up right? :yep:

Quit the patronising.

What, so is it a crime to not give out advice on a forum? :rolleyes:
Original post by James A
Quit the patronising.

What, so is it a crime to not give out advice on a forum? :rolleyes:

It's sort of good if you give out advice on a thread where someone's asking for it...

EDIT: sorry read your post wrong
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
You can hardly call that advice..

He said it wasn't advice.
Reply 9

Thanks, that what I was going to do. There's been a development however. I was messaged from a mutual friend to let me know this guy has Aspergers Syndrome, and just isn't good at communication. Reckon it may be tough, but I like the guy enough to give this a shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending