The Student Room Group

Finance for gift year?

Hi! Just wondering if anybody can help me out as speaking to SF has been a hassle and i’m getting mixed signals online.

I’m currently studying Law, and i’m at the end of my first year. I did a foundation year and the course is integrated. On my student finance application it says ‘Law with Foundation year.’

Unfortunately due to an injury i sustained i need to repeat my first year of my Law course. I’m just confused about the student finance aspect?

I’ve read that I should be entitled to my repeat year as a gift year, but can anyone please clarify? I don’t want to reapply and find out I have no finance for that year…

Thank you :]
Original post by anonpixie777
Hi! Just wondering if anybody can help me out as speaking to SF has been a hassle and i’m getting mixed signals online.

I’m currently studying Law, and i’m at the end of my first year. I did a foundation year and the course is integrated. On my student finance application it says ‘Law with Foundation year.’

Unfortunately due to an injury i sustained i need to repeat my first year of my Law course. I’m just confused about the student finance aspect?

I’ve read that I should be entitled to my repeat year as a gift year, but can anyone please clarify? I don’t want to reapply and find out I have no finance for that year…

Thank you :]

Hi there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means if you haven't used your gift year, you can use this for the repeat year.

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) why you need to repeat, you can also use this to obtain the repeat years finance. The CPR evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending