The Student Room Group

Idk what to do

So basically there’s this guy I like. We’ve been online friends since 2019 and met for the first time in October 2023 due to us living 4 hours apart. We met because he went to uni about an hour from where I live. We’re both 19 and have very similar interests. Since meeting him I’ve developed a huge crush on him, and it’s eating away at my mind because I really wanna tell him. However I’m terrified he doesn’t feel the same way as I keep getting mixed signals. What should I say/do?
Say it and get it over with. You will see people say to "test the water" by asking around etc, but I think these "games" can be harmful to both sides.
Ask, and if he say yes then great, if he say no then you can move on, because you two are simply not meant to be. Why are you terrified?
Original post by Anonymous #1
So basically there’s this guy I like. We’ve been online friends since 2019 and met for the first time in October 2023 due to us living 4 hours apart. We met because he went to uni about an hour from where I live. We’re both 19 and have very similar interests. Since meeting him I’ve developed a huge crush on him, and it’s eating away at my mind because I really wanna tell him. However I’m terrified he doesn’t feel the same way as I keep getting mixed signals. What should I say/do?

See if he says something to you about liking you
No don't tell him whatever you do. You just want to hang out and see what happens. Tell him you are visiting his town or something and does he want to hang out. You will know pretty soon if there is anything happening as he will either say no or he will say yes and then you can assess the vibes you're getting. And if there isn't anything there then you can go home and you didn't embarass yourself.
Well, aren't I good at predicting. OP, there's nothing embarssing about getting rejected.

If the guy makes you feel terrible for liking him and embarassed for confessing to him, he is a bullet you dodged. Because he feels superior to you and looks down on your feeling. And you will feel sad, but ultimately relieved.

If he rejects you politely (like how 99% of normal people behave), then it's fine isn't it? You gracefully accept and move on, because there are millions of guys for you out there.

If he accepts, yay!

(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending