The Student Room Group

My A-Level choices - Are they wise?

Just a quick question, I'm thinking of applying to a joint honours Sociology and Mathematics course at Aberdeen.
My AS Levels - Sociology, Mathematics, Psychology.
Since I am from the Balkans, where taking A Levels is not common practice, I don't have the luxury of taking four AS Levels and then dropping one, but will be taking all of my AS Levels onto A2 Level.

Are my A Level choices wise for the course I'm applying to? Other than that, any information or advice on getting into Aberdeen in general, and of course if you know anything about my course of interest, is sorely appreciated How competitive is applying? Should I strive to achieve much higher than the standard offers and, if so, how much higher? Again, any information whatsoever is very, very appreciated!

Thanks beforehand!
Cheers!
Reply 1
Does the course specify that you should take Sociology? I would swap out either Sociology or Psychology for something a bit more hardcore if I were you, like Physics, but your choices don't seem unwise.

Applying is competitive just like anywhere else, so aim for the stars!
Reply 2
They seem fine, but if you think you could cope with a science, then I'd replace psychology with that.

Quick Reply

Latest